Chapter 48: My Boyfriend's Hot

All the students from 1-A had gathered in the common room to share stories of how we'd spent our weekend. I snuggled up with Shoto and listened to my classmates brag about what they had done with their families. The atmosphere was light and everyone appeared in much higher spirits. Which was good, considering the announcement Mr. Aizawa made the next morning.

"Welcome back. I hope you all rested up over the weekend. We're having a special training class this afternoon. It's important and I expect all of you to perform at your best."

With nothing more to go on, we finished out the early part of our day then headed to change into our costumes after lunch. It seemed as though UA had put in the request to have our winter gear delivered. The weather had grown colder, so I was happy to see the brown leather jacket that replaced my vest. The rest of my classmates showed off their new costumes as we exited the locker rooms and made our way out to training field gamma. Aside from poor Toru, it looked like we'd all be a lot warmer this winter. We began inspecting the changes to each of our costumes, people making comments where they saw fit, but we were interrupted by a loud voice.

"Are we slacking off? Is that your way of underestimating us? The tides are rolling our way now. Hear me, class A! Today is the day we settle this rivalry!"

All of class B was walking toward us as Monoma began to laugh like a cartoon villain. He continued to spout nonsense and managed to catch the attention of a few of the others, but I ignored him and began to look for Shoto. He had left the locker room before me and was at the head of our group. I moved to stand beside him and saw both him and Sero grimacing at Monoma's declarations.

"Just ignore him, that's what I always do," I mumbled so only the two of them could hear me. My comment hit the mark, as both boys' frowns disappeared. And all of class A began to chuckle when scarves wrapped themselves around Monoma, silencing him. We'd all been subjected to Mr. Aizawa's capture device at one point or another and it was gratifying to see it being used to silence the annoying boy from class B.

Both classes settled in across from each other and turned toward our teachers, who started to explain the day's events.

"We've got a special guest today."

"Try not to make fools of yourselves. He's hoping to transfer into the hero course."

I heard the surprised gasps and murmurs. But it didn't shock me at all when Hitoshi Shinso appeared. My classmates began discussing his quirk and its capabilities, zeroing in on the sports festival and the only time they'd seen him use it. Despite asking more than once, Shinso had never used his quirk on me. I had a hunch that he didn't like using it unless absolutely necessary. I did notice that he was wearing his capture scarf. The last time I'd trained with him, he was doing better, but far from perfect at using it. I was curious to see how much he'd improved.

Motioning the general studies student forward, Mr. Aizawa silenced us before speaking. "From class C, Hitoshi Shinso. Treat him as you would any classmate. Go on and say a few words," he said, glancing down at his protege.

"I had encounters with several of you at the sports festival," Shinso began, "but don't think that makes us friends. I'm not the type for displays of good sportsmanship like that. We're still competing to be the best. And I'm already so far behind you all, I'm doing everything I can to catch up and prove myself." Shinso stared straight ahead, not looking at any of us, but his voice was a little louder as he continued to speak. "I'll be a great hero someday and use my quirk to help people. All of you are just obstacles to overcome. I'm not here to make friends. Thanks for having me."

Everyone lightly applauded his introduction, but the whispering began almost immediately after he was done.

"It's like I'm looking at an early Roki," Sero said.