Chapter 55: Happy New Year

Author's note 12/25/2022: Merry Christmas!!! I can't believe I've been writing this book for over a year now. Thank you to all my readers for sticking with me. Seeing your likes and comments really does motivate me. So here's a little gift for you 😏 I try to keep things PG-13 around here, but here's your warning for a teeny tiny bit of spice ahead.

The next week was an interesting blend of some students relaxing, while others scurried about trying to plan for their work studies. I had made a call to Shinji, letting him know that if the agency was taking on more students, I had a classmate that was interested in working with him. It was really rewarding to see the bright smile on Sero's face when he got the work study paperwork from Mr. Aizawa, knowing that I had helped put it there. There were still some assignments up in the air, but it seemed like leading up to our visits home for New Years that almost all my classmates had been placed.

Shoto had allowed me to listen in on his phone call with his dad, asking about Midoriya and Bakugo. As much as I disliked Endeavor, it was amusing to hear the man grumble and complain yet ultimately give in to his son's demands. I wasn't sure if he really cared for Shoto or was adamant about training him, but as soon as Shoto put up the ultimatum that if his friends weren't invited he wasn't coming either, Endeavor caved.

The day before New Year's Eve, I was with Shoto in my room. He had cutely insisted we spend time together, just the two of us, since we'd be heading home for the holiday and he wouldn't get to see me for a day. I had laughingly argued that it was only one night, but he reminded me with a pout that with the work studies coming up, we'd be seeing less and less of each other. So here we were, sitting on my bed with me in his lap, his arms around my middle, as he watched me play through the new Call of Duty game. I was trying my best to focus on the mission, but it wasn't long before he began trying to distract me. His chin perched on my shoulder, he began placing soft kisses against my neck.

"Sho," I whined, which only seemed to encourage him. His kisses turned more aggressive and I playfully pushed him away. "Sho, you cannot give me a hickey. I am going to see my family tomorrow."

"Hmm, you're right," he breathed out against my skin. I startled as his hand moved up from my waist and began to pull at the buttons on my blouse, undoing them one by one. He hummed quietly as his lips moved from my neck to my collarbone. A slightly louder groan of pleasure left his lips as he moved further down and began to kiss and nip at the top of my breasts.

The game controller fell from my hands as my head fell back against his shoulder. I couldn't help the sigh that left my lips at his ministrations. I began to grow warm as I felt the heat from his hands on my bare skin, along with that unsettled, butterfly-like feeling in my stomach...Sho had me restless and squirming against him. In one swift move, he spun me around so my back hit the bed and he hovered over me. He stared at me, his face unreadable, as his hands slowly crept upward.

I reached my arms up to wrap around his neck, pulling him down so I could kiss him. The moment our lips met, his hands found purchase, grabbing onto and gently squeezing my breasts. My own hands began to wander down and under his sweater, my fingers trailing along the muscles of his back. He pulled away from me, breathing heavily, before moving down to frantically place more kisses across my chest. My fingers dug into him and a soft squeal left my lips as he worked at leaving a hickey on the side of one breast. He pulled away for a moment, a satisfied smile crossing his face, before he returned his lips to my body, moving lower to press kisses against my stomach and abdomen. One hand moved from my chest to fiddle with the button of my jeans and I instinctively held my breath, waiting to see what he would do next.

But his hand clenched against my waist in frustration when a loud knock sounded on my bedroom door. "Every damn time," he muttered out before exhaling loudly and shooting a glare at the door.