Chapter 22: Bonding

After eating a surprisingly good meal made by Midoriya and Mineta, Todoroki and I were getting ready to head to my room to relax with some video games.

"Satori!"

I turned to see Iida standing near the front door making chopping motions toward me with his hands.

"Satori, you left boxes over here. Please take care of them before you turn in for the night."

"Sure thing, Iida." I had completely forgotten about the extra packages that were delivered with my plants. As I hadn't paid them any mind, I didn't notice how big or heavy they were. As I struggled to lift both big boxes at once, the one on top was lifted away.

"I'm heading to your room anyway, Satori, let me help."

"Thank you, Todoroki," I said, appreciative of his offer.

As we lugged the heavy boxes to my room, I was dumbfounded as to what was in them. As soon as we entered my room, I dropped the box I was carrying and began to open it. Clothes. I quickly moved to the box Todoroki had set down only to find the same thing. Except, this box had a note on top.

Kana~
I noticed that you left almost all of your clothes, shoes, and accessories. I know you won't have many opportunities to wear your formal clothes, however, that doesn't mean you can live in workout gear like a vagrant. I expect you to represent our family properly by dressing appropriately. I also included some new samples from your grandmother's hero line. She would appreciate your feedback so make sure to use them when you're training.

"Ugh," I grumbled as I crumpled the note in a ball and tossed it over my shoulder in the direction of the trashcan. I pushed the two boxes in front of my closet and left them there.

"You're not going to unpack them?"

"It's clothes from my mother. I left them at home for a reason. I'll deal with them later," I said with an exasperated sigh. I began turning on my electronics, asking Todoroki, "what would you like to play?"

"I'm not sure....something simple?"

"Hmm, I think we should go old school tonight." I fired up my Xbox and looked for some classic games. I was going to hand the controller to Todoroki but he just stood in the middle of my room looking around awkwardly. I climbed into my bed and sat with my back against the wall, legs stretched out in front of me. "C'mon, sit down, make yourself comfortable," I said, patting the spot next to me on the bed.

He slowly climbed up next to me and situated himself against the pillows behind his back. As he got comfortable I started the game.

"This is a really old game but it's super simple. I'll play a round just so you can see the gameplay then I'll let you try." I pressed start and began eating pellets and avoiding ghosts.

"So is the goal to clear all the dots on the screen without getting caught?"

"Yes. That's it. It sounds simple but it can be surprisingly frustrating," I said through gritted teeth as I was caught by a ghost. I had only managed to clear one stage before losing all my lives. "Here," I said, handing him the controller, "why don't you give it a try."

I grabbed one of my pillows and set it in my lap, pulling my knees up to hold it in place while I watched Todoroki play Pac-Man. He was good at it. From my time observing him in class and in training, I'd say he had a good mind for problem-solving. He'd probably be really good at any games that involved puzzles. As I mulled over possible games I could introduce him to, he had managed to beat the first stage.

His eyes glued to the screen, he finally spoke up. "Satori, can I ask you something...about our conversation earlier?"

"I guess...what do you want to know?"