S1 Chapter 9

The nobles were about to dance when the announcer suddenly said loudly.

"Make way for his majesty , Emperor Claude De Alger Obelia !" He said loudly causing us to look at the entrance.

Why is he here ? We all bowed in unison in fear of angering him. He darted his eyes around and looked at me after finding me in the crowd.

"Rise" he commanded in a cold voice and all the nobles stopped bowing hesitantly , he went to me and I looked at him curiously before bowing once again.

"Proceed" he looked at the nobles , the nobles then nodded and continued what they were doing.

"Get up , Diana" I looked up to him , still bowing. He frowned and I immediately stopped bowing.

He then went into a position and held out his hands. "May I have this dance ?" He asked me.

Many nobles who are close to us opened their mouths wide and whispered to each other , some looked at me with envy.

I froze for a moment at his words and held his hands slowly. "You may" I said in a quiet voice , but fortunately , Claude heard me and his eyes screamed with joy.

(Author : cringe)

We then went into the circle of the ballroom and bowed to each other. Many distanced themselves for a few meters.

We then started to dance , we lock our eyes to each other. "Don't you usually hate things like this ?" I asked.

"The Dukedom is one of my powerful ally , this is only fair for their service" he replied back but my guts is telling me that it might be right at some point but this is clearly not the whole reason.

(Author : it's clearly because you're here , duh)

I shrugged my thoughts away , we then finished our dance after a few minutes and headed to a different place.

I bowed to him and I headed for some businessmen nearby , I walked up to them and they turned their heads towards me.

I introduced myself to them and they introduced theirs , we talked about some dealings in our business.

I'm actually planning a different business since I want to expand my business to other areas and not only a cafe.

The men shuddered for some reason and looked into one direction , I looked at where they're looking at only to find Claude talking to Duke Cirillo. What's wrong with these guys.

We then finished our talk and I headed upstairs to get some fresh air , i found a balcony and headed straight to there.

I held into the railings and took a deep breath.

I heard footsteps from behind and looked back to see Claude , he held into the railings and looked up.

"Why are you here , Claude ?" I asked him , confused at his sudden arrival. He looked back to me and answered.

"Because you're here" he said in a serious manner , 'because I am here ?' I thought to myself , looking at him confusedly.

I have a feeling that he will say something important today , what could it be ? I opened my mouth to say something but i said the same thing and at the same time as Claude.

"I have something to say"

We looked at each other in shock and I chuckled , Claude smiled a bit.

"You go first"

"You go first"

We again said together.