S2 Chapter 14

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip*

"Ah... Fuck... Why... Why.... Just why am i crying again?!"

These tears...

I hate them...

Why am i so weak..?

I just wanted power to protect my loved ones and i ended up hurting them instead.

Why am i so pathetic...?

I wished i could saved our daughter on her first life and not just this third life of hers.

She have suffered so much.

I hated crying, but i seemed to be crying more often after staying here.

Is it because i feel comfortable because Claude is here with me?

I felt a warm embrace and i quietly sobbed at my situation.

...

*Sniff*

I blew my nose on his handkerchief, despite knowing the fact that i'll ended up being embarrassed once again.

I sewed it in the beginning so it's technically mine anyway. (She meant she sewed the handkerchief he gave her)

"I know that you had *sniff* been suffering all this time... I just couldn't *sniff* tell you the reason because *sniff* you wouldn't believe me if i told you the truth anyway..."

This damn sniffing sound.

Claude turned quiet without answering Diana's statement.

After a long time of silence, he spoke slowly.

"...It's indeed quite hard to believe..."

I was embarrassed and sad because i knew he wouldn't believe that easily.

"...But...I'm glad you're back now...Please don't leave me alone like that again"

I heard his fist clenching.

He must have been suffering alone all this time.

He waited for me despite knowing that "Diana" already died, and now that i suddenly appeared as a breathing and alive being, he must be confused and happy at the same time.

Then there must be also a trace of anger, he was just probably suppressing it for it not to show on his face.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's angry.

I was so selfish because i was only thinking about the "Happy Ending"...and i wasn't thinking of the people who i thought were only "characters"......were also alive and breathing as well as capable of feeling emotions just like real humans do.

...No, they are humans too.

"...Where are we again...?"

He asked slowly.

I stared at him blankly before turning angry and shouted.

"So you weren't properly listening earlier...huh?!?!"

'RUN!'

...Was the only one word Claude can think on that time.

He slowly turned his body on the Palace and started walking towards it.

Diana was taken aback as she didn't expect him to act this way.

'What is he doing? Why is he heading that way? Is there something in the palace?'

A lot of questions popped out of her head.

Eventually, Claude started walking faster until he started running.