prologue • inconsiderate of you!

I have poor English skills, ever since I was a kid, I wasn't bullied for it definitely, but my English teacher is always a perfectionist and told me to fix my pronunciation and accent. I'm simply not an English speaker.

And I stood dumbfounded as I flap my wings to keep up with my corporal telling me my duties for today. He and I flew through the halls of the political and safety headquarters of our havens; our office. "Do you understand?" He turns to me. "Of course not! Simplify it!" I softly shouted at him, who groaned in frustration, people I work with have to know that I don't understand big words in English!

"Earth. You know what that is?" he says lowly to calm his temper, sarcastically asking me that. "You go there and if you see a demon; bring them back to hell, do you NOW understand!?"

"Finally! I. do! Now or what?"

"Now! Now you're excused, go!" I'm sorry for not understanding English to your level, my first English word was spoken when I was- 9!! I scoff at the Englishman and send myself to earth. It's simple to get to where you need to go, your instinct as an angel naturally tells who where help and danger are lurking.

And it took me to a beach- "GAH!" I cover my eyes before any scene deeply sinks into my mind. Sex, everywhere. The stage is a nice sight though I have to admit. And my mind drags me to the sight of a young grey-haired female sitting beside a man, who was about to lay a finger on her but was-
"Oi-!!" I lunge at the scene, making sure I go into my human disguise and summoning a golden shield before the bullet can kill the man.

"Huh!?" She stands from her seat, looking at me. Female or not, I do my duty to banish her back to her hell. "Shit, retreat!" a demon yells in the distance. This place is infested with demons. I grab the wolfs's grey hair, but she proceeded to bite my forearm, causing me to scream in pain I luckily opened the portal and l pulled her inside. Her teeth sunk into my forearm, I use my other hand to pull her hair and throw her inside. She luckily lets go of my arm and fell.

The human once sitting beside her, just screamed and ran away, luckily not shouting what he's witnessed as he sprints away. "Millie no!" Ah, scratchy noisy voices, it's like nails dragging down a chalkboard. My head was struck with what seemed like a twig, didn't hurt though. Turning around to see a red female gremlin; I simply kicked her away from me, strong enough to send her flying. "Millie? Who??" I mumble to myself, is that its name? I have to keep my human disguise and act normal or else I'll get caught by humans. The scratchy voice owner rushed to the gremlin's aid, I took this chance to run to where the 'party' is being held.

Of course, I'm not going inside.
That sweat and body heat exchanging in that crowd is disgusting.

There were beer dispensers that were widely surrounded by humans, perfect, I'll get a cup and pretend to drink, but while doing that I can search for demons.

"damn it!!" Just because I changed into my human disguise, doesn't mean my clothes magically change too, those logics are stupid.. I am in the clothes I have worn ever since I died, but clean and perfectly neat and not as bloody as it used to be, its angelic color palette not changing.

My military uniform, the hat, and everything too.

"It's not Halloween!!" Someone laughed, what a drunk. I ignored him and hid behind the beer dispenser. But I failed, my height basically towers the dispenser.

I'm watching an eye for any strange auras and colors on 'humans', that's the way to spot a demon.

The madam singing on stage, a few females and males scattered at the audience and another demon guarding the stage...

"Hey, shit face!" I sure have a scar and a blind eye on my face but I think I'm not that ugly... I turn around, and oh lord the demon is hideous! "I'm doing my job, not sorry." "Y—You should be! Do you know how to treat a lady here?" Is he joking? She isn't just some kind of lady, she's a demon lady... I can tell from her red eyes. "Demon lady, not just lady. Now excuse me!" I pick him up with my bloody arm and threw him into the portal I sent the girl in. It came with a cause though, the scratchy voiced demon pointed a gun to my head and is ready to pull the trigger, the small demon stud on my other shoulder, using my hair to keep him from falling. "Fucker!!"