eight • an astronomical date with a owl princess

"Guinevere, Samantha, and... Uma? I can't be wrong." Leo and I don't like public places to hang out in, we prefer rundown, abandoned, and stranded places, our aground. And here playground up in heaven for us; a back of a mail building. I snuck Leo inside with my hand on his shoulder and walked to the back. And here we are. "Ya. I heard that Guinevere liked me back. Never got to confess to her sadly." "Oh wow—yeah she misses you. A lot, we cried at your funeral alongside your family... I gave her your box of letters her though if that makes you both feel better." Guinevere, a princess I had the fattest crush on for a full 6 years of my life. "How is she? If you know?"

"Stronger. But of course, sad but—but she got more intimidating, more out-going."

"That..." I point up at the bright sky, "that is my girl there." We laugh.

I genuinely wonder what would happen if I were to ask her to be my girlfriend. Embarrassing, I even thought of a name I would name my daughter I'd share with her.

Galora

Gosha
Guinevere
And baby Galora

"This is a secret, but she wanted to marry you so badly, she told me at your funeral."

☆☆☆

"Mom!.. Dad!" Parents calmly but angrily argue at the dinner table, the princess looks at her parents distressed. Octavia sighs in defeat, she has to let her parents know of Lilith's important letter, about an extermination proposal if Octavia remembers. Walking to her room frustrated, she was contemplating whether or not to sneak out.

Sneak out when extermination day is coming up? It's next month. Make the most now. She begins to jog to her room.

☆☆☆

"Toby, why is Petrov not in hell man?" It has been a while, startling the smaller angel. "Weesh... him? God and Michael know him, they get his prayers and forgave him when he 'came' here himself. He's just a regular angel unlike you, soldier." Oh, how I still miss my military days. How does he know that? "Okay, then... thanks, see you—I'm busy so can I get back to actual work later?" "Yeah, go ahead, later."

"So what, what should I do here? What did you do here?" Back at our playing ground, as I think about Leo's question, it made me stress about the variety of important things I have to tell him. "Aaahhh... first, you thank God—which I think you did—...then you go on and continue living. I don't know how to explain it honestly, though you will get through this. There isn't a specific way to stay here. It's heaven, and it's heaven, right?"

I continue; "Get a job. For me I got one already, but for you, you get. You can live in my home, no problem. Have fun~." I read the giant clock tower at the distance, careful to block the beaming light bouncing off of the glass, it's almost my work shift. "Look, you go walk around, if you get lost, you ask where you are—pfft—you'll manage my friend!" I didn't give him the time to ask me anymore as I skyrocket myself into the heavenly sky and fly off to Hell.

I have to see a princess.

"Damn it Northcott!" I look down at my partner. "I'll be back, you walk!"

☆☆☆

I thought about Toby's words; "Extermination will be the best time for arc angels like you, I'm sure you might whip more than half of the population. I'm so excited!" I look forward to whatever this will be, and I look straight forward in front of me because there was creatures flying ahead of me. "Stupid!!" I exclaim as I halt and protect myself from the creatures, arms crossed in front of me as a shield.