two • A queen & royal feathers

"That's my dad's book..." Shocked that someone like him has possession of it. 

"Tell your father I have it now, can you?" I step out to the owl teen, gripping her father's book in my hand tighter. "S-sure.. I will, sorry." I sigh. Demons are so dramatic. She backs away and cowers out of the building, leaving me alone again. I don't know who she is, but she is cute almost. I am trying to get used to the demonic and angelic faces of the afterworld and other of its forms in this world but her voice reminds me of someone... someone very important to me, and I hope that fact won't let me submit to her. 

★★★

I got back from hell, holding the book in my hands and calling Toby to check what I'm holding. "You got it?-Oh wow!" I surprised Toby with the presence of the heavy and important spell book. "Its owned by a demon, not by the special ones.. Do are these given to regular demons usually?" "Oh no they aren't, but good job!! I thought you'd take a bit longer, your like a pro for your first few days of this job." Toby took the heavy book from me. I'm standing on one of the stairs leading to the entrance of the main HQ, huge long pillars standing the beauty made of gold and stunning. "Anyway, thanks. Supervise the pride ring for now, understand? There's an overpopulating issue, first thing tomorrow." "Yea, thanks."

☆☆☆

Next day, next task. In a call with Toby as he answers my questions and instructs me "Hey, how long does it have to be?" "Midnight, just do something important like... Killing a demon for good, got it?" "Okay bye." I rush to end the call, I'm currently soaring through the skies of the pride ring, the biggest ring of hell I heard. I don't see anything too out of hand, so I carefully landed onto the streets and began walking, bidding my goodbyes to the person at the other end of the phone and ending the call. The demons haven't noticed me yet, giving me time to observe the streets on a regular basis. 

"Can we ever get the book back??" I hear a girl ask me from behind, my wings flutters lightly to form a shield from the possible attacker as I stood in place. "No, but I can, but you can't go into earth again if I give back the...book." It's the animal demon girl, I remember her lightly. "Wha-what if our job surrounds the idea of going TO earth man!?" "Your problem, not mine. BUT wait," I finally turn around to firmly face her with a brash look on my face. "I make a deal," leaning down to reach her height. "I might give the book back, if you kill bad people only, no kids, no babies, only criminals.
The grey wolf was speechless. "Look, when can you get the book back?!" She steps up to me trying to be confident. "I told you ma'am, when you agree to it, then yes." Her nose was almost touching mine, red blood eyes were ingrained into my pearl white ones.. "You know what? Fine.." backing off, hands raised to surrender. "When you think we're ready to get the book back, come back to the building you wrecked. We'll be there waiting."

"I'm looking forward to seeing you then." I hear her purring evilly s she walked away from me, my wings' feathers frizzle listening to her. Dogs can talk here? 

☆☆☆

"Search for him! Seek everywhere and take the angel to me!" White feathers were scattered around the dark red carpet of an office of a queen, whom's stress and anger level were rising. She has been informed of her husband's spell book been taken away by an angel, which can cause a legal fight between the two worlds. Her daughter sat on a coach of her office, using her phone. but not to play music, but to read the news articles of the angel taking interest of their world. The media has been going bezerk about his presence in the lust ring especially.

"Octavia, your father and I will have a word with each other, go to your room." Her daughter didn't bother to respond, but complied. unlocking her mother's office door and reading through the articles in her phone as she makes her way to her room. Casually walking out of her mother's office listening to her music. The quiet hallway Octavia passes through calms her down and lets her mumble the lyrics of her music, forgetting the fight between her parents. Her pink eyes are settled on the ground, causing her to bump into someone's chest. 

"You, again." Someone nudges her with their wing from the front. Surprised, she looks up to the handsome and charming man. Octavia immediately backs away from him, scared if he's accompanied with his spear. "No no, I have nothing, I'm only lost." "My mom's office is the dark purple door." Her phone is now off, admiring him.

He has almost completely white eyes, white hair, a bright glowing halo above him, and one of the most beautiful biggest wings she has ever seen. "What's your name?" "Gosha, you? princess?" Her cheeks blush. "Octavia.." "That's a nice name, Octavia." He once more nudges his wing to lightly push her, but instead of letting the long silky feathers of the angel past her, she clung into one of them. "Don't hurt them okay? my parents..."

☆☆☆

I see her hot pink eyes just hypnotize me, they were so beautiful, they were so pink to the point that it was almost red. "Sorry, Octavia, but...that depends. If your parents hurt me, I hurt them. And you also, and-everyone.. it's how I work." I get my feather out of her hand, which she stood still worried for her family. "Keep calm and proper, then nothing will happen. Everything is all in the matter of balance." I turn her around to let her walk off again, off to each of our mary ways. Though I did catch a smile and a glance she gave me she walked away. 

I reach the office, knocking, then cracking the door open slightly.

"I give the book back if we make a deal. Keep calm, do not attack, then you will live, your majesty." I have no time to politely introduce myself to the queen herself, I have been threatened, pushed and almost stabbed because of her guards fetching me to this palace, I actually snuck away from them, but found myself at the correct place from the gold frame of the office's door. 

The queen stood in front of her window, which has a beautiful view of her ring. "It's not the reason why I brought you here." Turning to face me. "I want my husband dead, he owns the book, so is his problem, not mine. That's all I want for fuck's sake!!" She throws a picture onto the ground in a flaming rage. "He's an embarrassment!" "And why?" "He's a cheater! Giving authority demons lower than us to do more than what they shouldn't!? I want him dead!" I quickly rush to her and held onto her hands. "Let's sort things out, okay?"

☆☆☆

I had to hold her hand and tuck her under my wing for the whole time we discussed, one of my hands slung around her shoulders and one holding hers. Her feathered fingers are very nice and silky as my wings. "Deal now or anything to input?" 

"No, everything is fine now.. Just as long as you agree to it as well." I remove myself from her, ready to go. "If I can do it, then I will. I'm sorry if I can't."

"Okay, I will check in tomorrow for in a few days and return the book, I have to all to my boss and friends quickly for allowance. Thank you, for everything." I go to the door to shut it. I don't need permission to be excused, and I can leave when I want to. Which is now. "Come back as soon as you can." I hear.

"Will do."

Now, what will the HQ hear about this? Now having to get the book back?