eighteen • heat rising

An emotional chapter for the couple
Italics: Russian
This is a month from the last chapter's events.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Come here you~..." Verosika and Gosha in their human forms, spot each other at the beach, walking toward each other as Gosha jumps in to bring her in his arms, lifting her from the ground. "Glad you got my text. Excited to have a relaxing trip?" A black kiss mark stains his curved lips. "First time. Yeah." "For now we sit around here. Relax and order anything we want till midnight," Placing Verosika back down on the ground, her hand holding onto his to lead him to a futon for the couple to lay on. "I need this, I need this." Gosha huffs out, laying down on the soft beanbag, and closing his eyes. "Why? Bad day at work baby?" Verosika sits close to him, lifting his head for it to lay on her lap as she gets the menu on the table to order a drink. "No. I'm not rich. So, this is very nice and relaxing." the man opens his eyes to see his sight covered by Verosika's chest, then blushing in disappointment. "'Want anything in the menu?" "Red ice tea?" "I got it.

"I'm shitty at talking about feelings, but you want to talk about it? Ugh! It's so mushy, but I'll do anything for you." Verosika's petty and mean-spirited personality cringes at her own words. Talking in a new loving language is foreign to her, the succubus is so used to being flirtatious, mean, petty, and seductive, that she now has to approach this relationship with a gentle and fragile one. Her boyfriend is a powerful member of heaven after all. Gosha giggles and closes his eyes, ready to tell a story about himself to his girlfriend.

"When I was alive, I lived many lives

~~~Kinder-garden's Father's Day. Porsha, Kirill, and I are sitting on a bench near our gate for our mother to fetch us. I, sat in front of my siblings as they played with their food. I finished mine already, as well as my classmate's leftovers which they kindly handed to me. "Kirill, Porcha, and Gosha Northcott." The gate guard calls for us. My two other siblings casually pack their things as I quickly sling my bag over my shoulder to run to my mom. "Mom! mom!...oh." Standing beside my three-month pregnant mother was a tall and skinny man, locking our eyes at each other and kindly waving at me. I slow my walking as I try to process why this man is with my mom, or is he not? "Hi, Gosha." The stranger greets. I stop walking to m mom at this point, I stand at a fair distance between the two adults and I. Kirill and Porsha walk to our mother, her body shielding them from the stranger the three of us don't know of.

"Gosha," I look at my mom. "He wants to say hi to you, and introduce yourself." The stranger walks up to me and brushes his fingers through my hair, smiling down at me like he is proud. "My name is Veturliði (Veturlithie). Call me Tur, okay?" I look up at him, confused. Porsha and Kirill hold our mother's hand as she approaches Veturliði and me. "Tur will bring you to his house, I will take care of you." "Why?" "Just go, okay? Trust me, he will take good care of you. We will see you soon.." Tur and my mother look at each other before they quickly hug and bid themselves goodbye. My siblings and I frantically look at each other in confusion as my heart begins to beat ur of my chest. "Wait, what is this?!" Porsha asks the adults, angry and confused. "You have to listen to us. you will see each other soon." We look at each other, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"I don't know Gosha. But we will see each other soon." Veturliði holds onto my hand as my family walks away to the car without me. Leaving me with this foreign stranger. And I watched them, as my siblings watched me distraught. Kirill looks at the stranger holding my hand with murderous eyes like he has stolen something from him. "Gosha?" I look up at Tur. "Come here," he leads me to his car.