seven • second brother, Nepoleon Patrov

Author's note: Kindly note, this chapter will focus on Gosha, not exactly on his and Verosika's relationship. You can skip this if you're soul reason to be here is to read about Verosika, feel absolutely free.

Reminder/kind note once more :
*Italics means that Russian is being spoken.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

My sleep was okay, I definitely felt tight on the bed, not to my size but what now matters to me is that today is another day of avoiding my time is spent up there. I don't hate it, I simply don't want to see anyone from work except some managers, and God. The bed is empty, which surprised me, last night I knew that Verosika was right by my side on her phone. I get up from bed and quietly opened the door to her balcony; where I'll b retaking off to the pride ring or the HQ.

I soar as high as I can up in the hot sky of Hell, not wanting to be seen, but as I was doing so, my phone buzzed in my pocket. A clock tower is made into my landing spot to pick up my phone. Opening it, my inbox splattered a unknown number. I call it back. "Why're you calling me??" I ask as it picked up. "Heyas, you have a gentleman trying to find you, he just came in and fresh'n he's freaking about where you are. Nepoleon I think is his name? What's your name?—...yeah, Nepoleon."

I hang the phone and lunge up into the air, sparks in my hands paining my veins as I open the portal frantically.

~ [ FLASHBACK ] ~

~~

" 'Go." Playing in an empty field of infinite hay and herbs, two boys have been meeting up at that same place ever since the native Russian one has introduced a foreigner to his country; Gosha, the native one. "Ya?" He huffs out after chasing after a stray dog, tired he falls into his knees and lays on the ground. "—Ya, what?" He repeats, not wanting to be called for nothing. Nepoleon kneels down beside the burnt-out boy. "We're like brothers right? My dad told me that brothers are boys that are together in some special way. Are we friends or brothers?"

"Mmmm. I don't know. If we do something important to each other once day, then I'll say that we're brothers—

LIKE RIGHT NOW!!"

A rock was flown in the direction of the two boys. Seeing it coming, he springs up from his position and slammed Nepoleon's head down to the ground, both now deeply crouching. "Leon! You still haven't returned my damn medal! What's the deal!?" The smaller boy's heart has sank. Nepoleon lost a competition a few days ago, and his parents told him that he can't come back home without the medal, and he lost, so borrowing one from the winner to show to his parents, he failed to return it back to him. "I'm—" Nepoleon's mouth smacked shut my Gosha's hand. "Be quiet. Follow me quickly, I'm not going to wait for you." Grabbing his hand, they run for the broken fence to exit the fields. "go go go go go!!!" Gosha pulls Nepoleon out of the fence gape, Running to the way of his father's home for shelter.

~~

"I can't sleep, so I fucking need them!" Despite Nepoleon's failed attempts of getting his bestest friend to stop depending on casinos and sleeping pills to live his life, he broke the cycle of submission and finally snapped at Gosha. "Oh fuck you! Are you that stupid not to realize how much you've been killing yourself!? I—I really can't live with you being like—THIS! If you die because of losing a gamble—or—or a game, that's your fault! I warned you!"