Prologue

Note: A Beta Program called Wattpad Futures was launched on Wattpad to help the writers to make money from their works. By showing ads in between the chapters. The ads should pop-up every thirty minutes.

They had selected some writers to participate in the said program and I'm lucky to be chosen. We earn a certain percentage of the earnings and with these ads, it will keep the wattpad free for everyone.

I hope that you don't mind the ads, as it will help me and the others a tad bit. (An added inspiration I guess..) Video ads should last 30 seconds or less.

If you think that they pop-up more often than every after thirty minutes, please report it to the Wattpad Help Center and they will resolve the issue.

Here's the link: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us.

Thank you so much, guys, for the never ending support.

...... 

Forbes Park, Makati Philippines

Gail POV (Nikki's Mom)

I can't believe my daughter has turned fifteen. Where did the time go?

I sighed heavily as I watched her sleeping in her bed comfortably. Sitting beside her as I brushed her hair gently.

I know she will be devastated when I tell her the news tomorrow.

She was born in Spain but grew up here in the Philippines. She is very strong-willed, stubborn, and very friendly.

I smiled as I looked at her, peacefully sleeping. She's beautiful like an angel. Brown hair just like her father with a prominent nose.

Her striking features and most distinctive among her physical attributes is her golden brown eyes with specks of green. And, it will turn completely green if she's angry or provoked, adorned with dark curly long lashes and natural almost like chiseled eyebrows.

I was so proud of her. People kept telling me that I was so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter. And yes, I am!

I exposed her in the showbiz world at a very young age, and one of the very reasons why we always fight with my husband. He decided to live in Spain and I lived here in the Philippines with my daughter, Nicole.

My daughter never questioned me at the age of  seven, doing all this commercials stuffs, until she turned 11. She began defying me.

She started learning martial arts behind my back, and when I learned it, she reasoned out, for self-defense and I have no qualms it is. Although she continued doing commercials and sometimes acting, still, it didn't stop her in engaging herself in any boy's activities.

Karate, taekwondo, horse-riding, car racing and more. She plays basketball, baseball, volleyball, all kinds of sports, she's very active.

I was horrified. We argued every time, and I tried to encourage her to do ballet or any kind of dancing, but I failed miserably.

I have a very beautiful daughter, but she's acting more than those typical boys. I was worried each day she may tell me one day she's dating a girl.

I remember when she came home one day with some good news. She was picked as the cheerleader. And, I can't contain my excitement. I swept her off of her feet and spun her around as I kissed her on her cheeks like a 2-year-old. She was frowning furiously. She hated being kissed.

I smiled. It was the best day of my life. She's very thoughtful. And, I'm going to miss her for sure. Just the thought of it now, make me cry. It's hard, but it's the only way, for all of us.