Chapter 11: Jealousy

"Jealousy is just a sign that shows how much you really like, care or love someone." - Unknown

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

............................

NIKKI POV

Aberquero Estate

I dropped my hands on my side when I saw Alexander leaning on the door frame with a grim face. He was about to say something but stopped when his eyes landed on me to my dress then back to my face. He looks stunned and his eyes turned dark.

He straightened up.

"You look so ravishing tonight!" He declared as he pulled me to his chest, wrapping his hands around me. Then, he felt my back is bare. He ran his fingers from the top of my spinal down to my hip bone. I squirmed mentally. I felt that familiar tingling sensation coursed throughout my veins. My legs are shaking. I unconsciously wrapped my hands around his neck, in case, my legs can't hold my weight anymore.

"I can tolerate you wearing a short dress but with bareback, I don't think I can let those gentleman's eyes feast on your back, baby," he whispered, danger laced in every words.

I pulled my hands off his neck and looked at him in disbelief. "Really? You just came here to tell me that?" I asked incredulously raising my perfectly defined eyebrow.

"Frederick called me!" he replied ignoring my sarcastic words. His facial expression changed abruptly into cold. "That bastard was watching you, I can't blame him. I myself can't take my eyes off you with your dress this short and backless. There's nothing to hide with those fucker's imaginations," he hissed, looking at me in discomfort.

I scowled at him.

He was still holding me. I could feel his toned legs and abs pressing against my body. Then, I felt a hard thing that's poking just above my groin. Did he brought a gun? I suddenly felt scared of him. I didn't know I was looking at him with a fear in my eyes. It's not possible of him having a gun. He wasn't called the "Devil" if he's not that bad, right?

"You ok?" he asked worriedly. He leaned his head and kissed my lips, brushing his lips lightly. The scared feeling just vanished in a split seconds.

"Did you bring a gun, Alex?" I asked softly, just as our lips parted. His forehead furrowed in confusion. Then after a second, his eyes lit up then he burst into a fit of laughter.

I pushed him trying to get off his hold. He was still laughing with his eyes was dancing with amusement, and something I can't pinpoint.

I rolled my eyes as I rested my two hands in my hips. "What's so funny in bringing a gun, Mr. Morrison!" I glared at him. He stopped laughing when he realized I'm already pissed. He tried to suppress the smile but he failed. "What?" I hissed. I'm getting really annoyed with him. But the sight of him laughing like that, was heart melting. He looks more boyish and carefree. Not the scary cold Alex.

He pulled me again in his arms and nuzzled his nose in my shoulder as I wrap my hands around his back. "I was so wrong when I thought you're so tough and too smart. You are indeed an angel. I love it when you're too innocent, baby," he chuckled which made him gained a smacked in his back. He just laughed at it. I rolled my eyes again. I knew I wouldn't win with him.

"Yes, I always bring my gun with me but it's harmless," he chuckled mischievously leering at me.

"Let's go and see them," to avoid the topic realizing what he meant. I could feel my cheeks burning in embarrassment. I felt flustered and if only the ground would open up and eat me.