Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof

"When two people really care about each other, they will always look for a way to make it work, not matter how hard it is." - Unknown

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.......................................

NIKKI POV

Emergency General Hospital

The next two days, I was up too early because I'm too excited to leave the hospital. I felt so much alive and well. The doctor said my spinal cord was injured, but I never felt anything odd or pain.

My eyes darted to Alex who was silently snoring on my side. He was reluctant to sleep in the bed on my side last night because he's scared he might hurt my back, but now his legs are all tangled on mine and his hand was around my waist. I can't complain, I beg him to sleep with me. I felt bad for him to sleep on the chair. He doesn't wanna go home even if I was mad already. He is really persistent to stay no matter what.

So reluctantly, I had to ask him to sleep in my side since the bed is big, but he looks like he was so comfortable than I'd like him to be. I hate to admit, but I love the feelings of him close to me. I actually fell asleep right away and slept the whole time.

I stared into his calm face. He looks peacefully sleeping. I tried not to make a lot of moves so I won't wake him up. I know he didn't sleep much the past month. He had dark circles around his eyes. I'm glad he shave last night. I almost didn't recognize him.

I slowly and gently untangled myself out of him. He stirred but he fell back asleep.

I slowly crawled out of the bed and walk slowly to the washroom. I walked into the opened washroom and did my business. I wash my hands as I look my face in the mirror. My lip color was back, but still it looks dry and chopped. I lick it to diminished the dryness. There's a color in my cheeks now compared the last two days, but I still look like a zombie with my bedraggled hair. I run my fingers through my hair and it felt oily. My nose involuntarily scrunched as I felt gross and disgusting.

I never had a good shower yet. I need a real one. I'm glad I'm feeling normal. For the last two days, I felt so weak that I can't even barely make two steps. Alex made sure I eat a lot and for two days I had regained my energy back. I wash my face and grab the toothbrush that Alex brought three days ago when I woke up, then brush my teeth. I put the toothbrush back on the cup and wash my mouth. I walked back to the bed and sat on the edge.

I watched him quietly as I waited for the doctor to do his rounds. They usually come to check on us early morning. I checked on the time it's almost ten. I heard a clicking of shoes approaching our door. Then, Dr. Peterson showed up with her nurse. They both look surprised to see him lying peacefully on my side. I put my finger on my lips, motioning them to stay quiet and gave them both an apologetic smile. I know it's odd for a patient to hushed the doctor and nurse, but he needs his sleep.

Dr. Peterson just shook his head and smiled nonchalantly.

"How are you?" he asked in a soft voice as he smiled.

"I feel better," I smiled cheekily.

"It looks like," he said with deep meaning as he grinned mischievously. He nonchalantly took the chart from his nurse and read the data whatever written on the chart.

He asked me about my back if I feel anything pain, or a headache, or nauseous, or sore on which part of the body. The nurse checked my blood pressure. They poke and prodded me here and there to make sure I'm quite well to leave the hospital.