Chapter 18: Moving

"Once you love someone, even after you move on, it will always hurt to see them with someone else." -Unknown

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

....................................

NIKKI POV

Somewhere in Barcelona

"Michael?" I gasped. What is he doing here? And why is he talking to my father?

Dad kissed me and looked at Alex warily. I'm not sure if they met already, but there's something in their eyes I couldn't fathom as I shift my gaze back and forth to them.

"Hi, honey!" Michael stood up with a smile on his face as he walk closer to me and gave me a peck on my cheeks, then he wrapped his hand around my waist possessively.

"It's nice to see you again Morrison," he exclaimed bitterness in his dark voice.

Alex's eyes were very cold that if looks could freeze Michel would be frozen to death as we speak. The tension is palpable and slowly thickening the air filling the room.

"Yes, Indeed Guttierez, what a surprised to see you here!" He remarked icily.

"Dad, have you met Alex?" I asked trying to break the growing tension before Michael could retort sarcastically.

"Yes/No!" Dad and Alex' replied in unison making me confuse.

"No," My dad clarified as he extend his hand to Alex. "Juan Antonio Rivas. I heard you are the new owner of my hotel," dad smiled casually but it didn't reach his eyes.

Wasn't he supposed to get mad? Strange. Michael's grip on my waist tightened.

"Alexander Maximillian Morrison, Sir!" He replied taking my dad's hand.

"Come, gentleman, let's all have a sit. Would you like anything to drink Alex?" my dad asked as he led them to the living room where they were seated a moment go.

"Anything would do, Sir." I heard Alex replied casually.

Michael let go of my waist and followed them. I could feel their anger as they both tried to suppress it. Dad was just watching them closely.

When they all seated. "I'll just go pack, dad." I turned to face my dad, "Please take care of this boys. If they do something silly, beat their asses..." I said playfully trying to loosen the tension radiating off between them.

The look of the two was hilarious as they look at me. Michael wants to add something up, but I ignored him and hastily made my way to my room.

I quickly packed my clothing. I'm so happy to see my dad recuperating. He gained a bit and his color came back. Still, I don't understand why he agreed with the idea of moving closer to Alex. He seems happy about it and I couldn't comprehend as to why? He sounded so fond of him either.

Is there any more I haven't been told, yet again?

*****

ALEX POV

Facing Juan Antonio was hard. The scenario of him and mom kissing flashed through my head once more, taunting my resolve. I thought I have forgotten it. I involuntarily clenched my jaw. I could feel that anger rose from within me. I know he's suffering his karma right now, but still it didn't lessen the hatred I felt for him.

Suddenly, his nurse came.

"It's time for your session with me, Mr. Rivas. If you'll excuse us, gentleman," she said sweetly as she smiled widely to Juan Antonio. The old man didn't say anything but his eyes were full of disapproval.