Chapter 9: The War

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

― Sun Tzu

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me .....

...................................

Alex POV

Morrison High School

I watched in shock. I saw everything and before the stuff landed, I saw her stood up swiftly with the tray in her hand catching the things before it landed on the floor like a slow motion.

As soon as everything landed on the tray without difficulty, Annabel stood up barely reach Nikki's eyes.

Nikki is taller than her. Annabel was about to pull her tied hair, but she only caught the rubber, and freeing Nikki's hair from the tie and exploded, cascading down her back beautifully.

Annabel was furious and about to pull her hair again, but Nicki caught her hand this time and without hesitating, she twisted it glaring at Annabel who was in a shocked state and winced when Nicki twisted it a bit more.

It happened so fast. She was like a lightning. Only someone who knows karate could do such thing. Someone who was educated in self-defense.

I stood up to stop her or she will be in trouble. I know how stubborn and what kind of witch is Annabel, but I was halfway to them when Nikki's head whipped to me glaring at me venomously.

I was stunned, tongue-tied, as I stared at her beautiful emerald green eyes staring at me furiously. Her eyes' color changes with her mood. I realized she's not wearing her glasses.

And at that moment, I had confirmed. Nicki and Kelly is one and she's the daughter of the guy I despised or I loathed so much.

*****

Nikki POV

I don't care if they recognized me at that moment. All I want is to break the neck of this witch in front of me who had the guts to trip me.

I was about to say something when I felt Alex was approaching us. I whipped my head to his direction giving him a deathly glare. He stop and watched us impassively.

I turned my head to Annabel who look so scared like a wet kitten as I glared at her still holding her hand twisted.

"Back off me or I'll break your pretty little neck!" I warned with menace and I saw her eyes flickered with fear. I shoved her hand unceremoniously on her side while my other hand was still holding the tray. I'm glad my reflex is fast enough to catch the things before it landed on the floor.

Annabel hurriedly left the place in embarrassment with her minions following her. I know this won't be the last. I'll expect retaliation from them.

I picked up the broken glasses that I accidentally step on. I decided not to wear it anymore and just show them who I am. If they wanted a show, I'm giving it to them. If they want to play with me, then the GAME IS ON.

The other students turned their attention back to their food as I walked back to our table. Alex went back to his chair, as well.

I could feel all the eyes following me after that incident. Some show admiration, others, fear for me.

I'm not afraid of them, It's just that it's going to be exhausting to deal with their kind.

"What happened?" Lilian asked as soon as I settled myself back on my seat.