Chapter 14: The CEO

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." - Loretta Young

Please Vote 

Comment

And Follow me ...

*****

ALEX POV

CMM Innovation Solutions, Barcelona, Spain

Ten years later....

"Alana, when is Mr. Abellana coming?" I called my secretary on the phone. I was in my office, it used to be my Dad's office 5 years ago.

"He's on his way, Mr. Morrison," she replied calmly ignoring my cold tone. She's the only secretary who stayed and it's now a year. Since I started, countless of them I fired or they resigned because they can't stand my standard or my coldness.

"Bring in all the papers I needed for this meeting," I ordered icily, then I put back the phone on its cradle without waiting for her response.

Not long, Alana came in with folders in her hands. My eyes were trained back to the computer monitor. "Leave it on my table," I commanded without bothering to look at her with my eyebrow furrowed. She's not new to my mood swing.

I'm always brooding.

From that day, I found out that Nicki left to the Philippines, my life is a hell. I felt nothing but hurt. I felt like she also took half of me. I played the girls like a toy not caring about their feelings. Annabel still waited for me and as usual, whenever I need a release she's free. Even if I wanted to avoid her, I can't, since our family are best of friends.

Mom and Dad didn't get the divorce and now they are living happily like a newly wed couple. I was happy for my dad, but still the doubt is still there for my Mom. I don't still know the reason why she cheated on dad.

Dad never failed to look after her happiness. To make sure mom is living like a queen under his care.

After I graduated high school, I left to the United Kingdom and took an Engineering course. I devoted my time in my studies which made my dad so proud of me. I graduated after five years and took over the company, that was 5 years ago.

In my hands, I expanded our company. I had bought two companies and sold it in an auction gaining more than it was sold for. Now, I was working on the papers of the biggest company in New York, the "Clinston Engineering, and Infrastructure firm". It is a multinational engineering and design firm with approximately fourteen thousand employees. The firm operates in the fields of strategic consulting, planning, engineering, construction management, and infrastructure/community planning.

I just bought it recently.

The old Clinston decided to sell since he can no longer run it. He's in his 80's and he wants to just explore the world until he dies. He's not married or has any kids. The company has been in the market for auction for about two years. The price was very unreasonable and the risk of not getting back the capital for two years is too high.

I went to talk to the old Clinston myself and we agreed for a certain amount. I think the reason why he sold it to me because I'm a bachelor just like him. No plans of tying a knot or getting serious in a relationship or whatsoever.

I wanted to run this company myself. It's always been my dream. To be an engineer and have my own construction company.

I leaned my back on my leathered plush high-back swivel chair and massage my temple as I close my eyes. The smiling face of Nicki is still lingering in my head. I missed him so much. It's easy for me to go and see her in the Philippines, but I was too egoistic. I want her to come to me, but that is far from reality. She is a very tough woman I know.