Chapter 17: Stubborn

"Love is not an equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed" ― Jodi Picoult

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

........................................

NIKKI POV

CMM Innovation Solution, Morrison Building

The gentleman's bulging eyes were fixed on me. They seemed to forget about Alex's existence. Alex scorching eyes didn't leave me as he walked briskly, stopping in front of me, blocking me from their prying eyes. I heard some harsh breathings and I could sense the tension thickening, filling the room, murmurings that barely a whisper couldn't expel the tension.

"Hey, Nikki!" A familiar voice exclaimed acknowledging me. I peeked through Alex's side and saw Colton grinning from ear to ear.

I could feel Alex's muscles tightening. Oh, I love this scene. This is going to be fun.

"Hey, Colton!" I grinned flirtatiously. at me venomously.

"Shut up, shut up, Volkov!" He grumbled gruffly making Colton grinned foolishly, looking unfazed. I believed they're friends.

Richard winks at me. I was smiling like crazy.

"Gentleman please take a break. I'll resume this meeting in half an hour. You joined them outside, Alana." He announced icily, making all the feet scrambles out of the door. Then, he glared at Richard and Colton which whom the two just shrugged it off as they passed by. I was smiling like a complete fool as I follow the back of the two disappearing the door when he grabs my hand and drag me to the leather high back chair in the middle of the long table.

"Sit!" He scowled. Which I complied. I could see his Adam's apple moving up and down. I was mentally celebrating. My plan works.

He's fuming. To be honest, I felt a bit scared. Then, it's only us. "What are you wearing?" He grumbled as he leaned his two hands on the table facing me closely. The crease line on his forehead is now more prominent. Eyes looking like a thin line now to me

I flinched at his tone. "M-my o-office uniform." I trailed off feeling unsure if it's the right response. His lips were thinning, angry is an understatement. I cringed in discomfort. Ok, I'm getting a bit scared now. I haven't seen him angry like this before.

"What plan are you trying to execute here, woman?" He stressed out grimly and he straightened up and run his hand through his tousled hair frustratedly. I so want to do that for him.

He puts his hands inside his pocket, now staring at me darkly. I discreetly swallowed. Suddenly, I felt discomfort at his piercing gaze. It's not what I planned. Although, I really pissed him which was the plan but not wanting to make him very angry or if there's any term beyond angry. It's an understatement.

I stood up, trying to recollect myself. I can't be intimidated by him. I glance at him coldly. "Resumed the meeting and get this done!" I exclaimed flatly as I walked to the other end of the table casually shaking off the fear slowly settling in my gut. Halfway my long stride, he grabs me and slung me to his shoulder which made me squealed in surprise. I flail and thrash my body but he held my waist firmly. I felt the air kissing my butt cheeks and I realized, my skirt's hem is pushed up and now exposing my ass.

Great.

I did try my very best to cover my ass but to no avail. I know whatever underneath my skirt is now for the show.