Chapter 3: The First Day

"It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life for me, And I'm feeling good" 

― Leslie Bricusse

Please Vote

Comment 

And Follow me ...

........................

Morrison Int'l High School

Nikki POV

"Wake up, mi prinsesa!" dad's voice rang in my ears repeatedly as he gingerly shook my shoulder. I disinclined and opened my eyes with my disgruntled face to see my dad's happy face. Dad was hovering over me, smiling sweetly.

I remember today is my first day, and the thought of going to school and probably bumped into those condescending socialites makes me gag.

I wish I have a time machine where I could just click to pause or stop or maybe rewind it backward when I was back in the Philippines. That would be great! I thought.

"This is your first day, mi prinsesa!" My Dad exclaimed excitedly. "Rise and shine..."

Great Dad! Rub it in my face.

Dad pulled the cover half way of my body, and then crossed his hands against his chest as he waited for me to get up. I groaned and pulled the covers back up covering my whole body, implying that I have no intention of leaving my comfortable company of my bed soon.

"You're going to be late, Nicki. Your two friends are waiting in the living room." He stated sounding a bit annoyed, then I heard his footsteps, retreating.

"Why didn't you tell me right away, papa?" I complained as soon as his words sunk in my sleepy head, and I scrambled out of my bed to the washroom.

"Paulo will drive all three of you to school. He's going to be your driver for the time being," his response and left the room.

I closed the washroom door and quickly undress my pajamas and took probably the quickest shower I ever had.

Soon, I'm heading my way downstairs. I saw Lilian looking hot in her blue skinny jeans paired with black tank top and top it with a gray cardigan. Mara wore a summer dress just above her knee.

Ok. It's as planned. 

I look like an old hag in my black loose yoga pants paired with white worn out Abercrombie shirt, a white worn-out sneaker. I just tied my hair in a french messy bun and wore my fake thick glasses. And, I didn't forget my black knapsack who looks like my worn out sneaker.

Lilian saw me as I go down the staircase and she looks at me in horror. And, so as Mara.

"You really went overboard, Nicki!" She looks horrified. Mara just laughed.

"Instead of not noticing you, you probably get all the attention in the school. You have no idea what school you are attending, senorita!" Lilian lectured in frustrations. "Where's your sense of fashion?" She frowned.

"Why? What kind of school is it? Did papa failed to mention, I'm going to a Runway school?" I raised my eyebrow in annoyance. She sounds exaggerated.

She sounded like, it was a Runway school!

"When they hear Morrison, meaning SOCIALITES!, Rich People! And rich people DRESSED FANCY." She exaggeratedly elaborated as her eyes widening with her fingers snapping occasionally.

I just shrugged it and continued on my steps down the stairs, and made my way to the front door.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" Mara asked.