Chapter 19: Work

"I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect."

― Amit Kalantri

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ....

..................................

Alex POV

Somewhere in Barcelona

I threw the food and wine in the trash bin along the sidewalk and fumingly walked to my car and sped off. I was gripping the steering wheel, and I didn't realize my speed is reaching 140 km/hr. I almost crashed into an SUV who just emerged from nowhere. Instinctively, I swerved to the other lane alarming the approaching car. The car promptly stopped with the tires screeching.

I heard him curse at me from his open window, giving me his middle finger. I drove away ignoring him furiously cursing me. My whole sanity was overruled with my jealousy and anger. I kept on driving, but now it's on minimum speed. I found myself pulling my car in the parking lot of the club I used to go since I came back from London.

Still fuming, I made my way to the entrance door. I know it's still early to have a drink, but I don't care. It looks like the bar was already filled with people who wants to just have fun. The bouncer knew me well so he welcomed me in without a hassle. I quickly made my way to the bar.

I ordered a Whisky to the bartender. He looks new. Since there's only a  few at the bar counter, I was attended quickly and soon I'm drinking my Whisky. Downing every single shot ignoring the burning sensations slithering down into my throat all the way down to my stomach.

I heard my phone ringing even with the loud music inside the club. People starting to pour in. Some ladies are openly flirting with me which is not surprising. Sometimes, I curse my genes. Since when an opposite sex denied my presence? Yes, there's only one who is immune to me. Nicki. And I can't even have her. The only woman I ever wanted, but I can't have. I downed another shot, and the burning sensation is not so much now.

I pulled my phone without bothering to check. "Alexander speaking," I began as soon as it connected.

"Hey baby, it's Annabel. Where the hell are you? I've been outside your door for five fucking minutes already!" she yelled. Why can't my heart learn to love her? She would do anything to please me. If I asked her to jump out of the building, for sure, she will. She doesn't look bad as well. She has nice curves with a big breast. "Where are you?" she repeated again when I didn't respond.

"La Espanya Club!" I uttered unconsciously. I was staring to a blonde blue eyed girl. She looks hot in her skimpy green sleeveless dress with a plunging neckline showing her big bosom. I realized I just told Annabel where am I.

Shit!

I turned back to the bartender and ask for more whiskey. Not long, I could see a blur on every corner of my vision and it seems like the glass were tipping. My head is starting to get heavy. Then, a tap in my shoulder made me stop to order another whiskey. I turned my head to see Annabel's hooded eyes.

"I'll take you home," she announced calmly. I didn't argue with her for the first time. I knew I can't drive myself back home.

*****

NIKKI POV

I was waiting for Alex to come back and I'm getting hungry but there's no sign of him. I was glad Michael and I are over. It was hard to admit it to him that I never loved him. I thought he won't take it lightly but I was surprised he was very cool about it. I've seen the hurt in his eyes but he didn't say anything. He knew it when he saw us and Alex, but he wanted to make sure.