Chapter 2: The Ball

"Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell." "Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to Hell." ― Criss Jami

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

............................

Nikki's POV

Valdepeñas Mansion

Paulo pulled the black SUV in front of the tall ornate ironwork gate and Paulo showed his ID and our invitation, then the guard let us in. Paulo pulled in the long curvy driveway where a long fountain was surrounded with the driveway, from the entrance to the mansion.

I've been here once with my dad.

The mansion stretches across four levels. The lower one has a library, games room, and billiard room while the ground floor contains the main entrance hall, dining room, lounge, study, kitchen and a big hall for any events. Upstairs are the bedrooms, and on the top floor, was gym equipment. There's also a servants' quarters with a separate stairway.

It's 7:45 PM and the ball starts at seven. I know we were all late, but who cares.

I'm guessing, all the guest is inside just by the looks of the cars lined up from the gate down to the entrance of the mansion.

Paulo will come back and pick us up once we are ready to go home.

I asked dad if I can drive, but he declined firmly. And, I'm not allowed to drive to school either which is fine because I will be a low profiled student. It would be suspicious if I drive a car for a lowly like me.

Paulo stops right in front of the mansion and all three of us climbed out of the car.

"Ready?" Lilian asked looking beautiful in her black embroidered tulle and Mara rocks her strapless sequinned peplum short dress.

I wore my short green frock and paired it with a stiletto. I tied my hair in a bun and I put a light makeup on and wore my thick temple eyeglasses on.

Lilian begged me not to wear the glasses just for tonight, but I insisted. I need to stay like a wallflower to avoid trouble if I wanted to not being notice.

We argued, but in the end, she gave in.

I look like a shadow of the two, but I care less, although I tower them with my 5 inches stiletto which I regretted using it, still, I looked too simple beside them.

I followed them to the grand entrance door, and we were welcomed with her parents. Carla's parents didn't recognize me which is great, and so we entered the grand hall where the party was held. I noticed ninety-five percent of the guest were not far from my age. Most of them were already drunk, and it's not even half way of the party.

They were mostly drinking, chattering, and laughing. I cringe at the sight.

I hate being in this kind of circle. I could see some scrutinizing eyes roaming around the guest.

Snobbish socialite, I mentally scoffed.

A waiter with a tray full of a flute of champagne was walking around offering to the guest.

I walked closer and grabbed one. Then, Lilian and Mara soon grabbed each theirs.

The hall was exquisitely arranged with a pink, and white motif. Round tables with pink and white centerpieces. The round tables are placed around the hall leaving the middle empty for dancing.

There's like five waiters with trays full of different kinds of wines and booze roaming around.

We settled ourselves to a table at one corner.