Chapter 31: Silent Proposal

"You are mistaken, Mr. Darcy, if you suppose that the mode of your declaration affected me in any other way ,than as it spared the concern which I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentlemanlike manner." (Elizabeth Bennett)" ― Jane Austen

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.................................................

ALEX POV

Penthouse, Renaissance Hotel

5 months after...

The inauguration of the Morrison Engineering and Infrastructure Firm which was previously known as Clinston Eng. and Infrastructure Firm, was made earlier than expected. Since Nikki and I moved to a new place, she didn't want me to drive her and she's always cold to me. I don't understand. I thought we were good when we left the hospital, but she was acting strangely after a week.

"Where is Nikki, Judy?"

"She's still sleeping, Alex."

"I can wake her up if you want?"

"No, no. It's alright. She needed sleep."

It's always the same conversation in the morning. She doesn't wanna eat with me for breakfast or in any meal.

"Did Nikki had her dinner?"

"Yes. She said she can't wait for you, she's starving."

I knew she's avoiding me. I was really mad. So I spend my weekend in New York working on the renovation of the old CEIF building and working with Clinston lawyer to finish the transfer and for the changes of the name.

As my eyes scanned the crowd inside the lobby of the building, that was pack with businessman and Board of Directors of the company, I just realized, there's nothing compared when I'm with her.

I sighed. I knew I needed to give her space, but I think, I've given her too much space now.

Again, my eyes roamed around the room. I met these guys a few months ago and even made a background check on each. I had paid someone to do it for me. Three didn't meet my standard. It seems that their lifestyle is more than what they are earning monthly. So I fired them and replaced with someone from my office for the meantime while looking for a qualified and trusted managers.

I remember their surprise look when I introduced myself and told them what I expect from them and what they expect from me. I knew I was very cold when it comes to dealing with my partners or employees. I like to get straight to the point and know that I hate ineffective employees and no devotion to their job.

When I saw the fear in their eyes I got satisfied. That is what I want from them. 

Fear me!

The press was swarming around trying to get an information about the opening of the new MEIF and the newly renovated headquarters.

Diana Wilson, Clinston lawyer was standing beside me after the opening speech I made and now all the people were gathered for the food and wine, a little entertainment my secretary Alana prepared.

"This is a success!" Diana flutters her lashes at me, I cringed inwardly, but I held the urge to roll my eyes at her and yank my hand off her hold.

Diana Smith had been flirting with me since we first met. She deliberately wears mini skirts and shirt with three buttoned opened showing her big full breast, trying to tempt me to sleep with her. I knew those simple act. She's beautiful and sexy blonde but I always wanted only one.