Chapter 27: New Look And New Her

"Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life and this is my way of keeping you in my heart." ― Sandi Lynn

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

................................

NIKKI POV

Morrison's Estate

As soon as Alex's back disappeared through the door with the door slammed shut, my eyes flooded as my emotions finally caught up with me. My shoulder was shaking as I cried my heart out. I knew it, this time, it's over. My world collapsed and I don't know how to start again. I didn't regret that we made love, but I despise myself for letting my flesh win over reason.

He was right when he called me a whore. I know he's engaged but I let it happen.

I slowly carried my limbs to the washroom and climb in the shower, with a growing hollowness in my heart. Turning the water tap on while adjusting the water temperature, with a floating brain. I turned the shower on when the water felt just the right temperature.

I let the water runs through my face washing the hesitant stream trickling down my cheek. Things just got worst.

Great Nicki! You just did the worst step to success!

The tears seem endless as another torrent of tears streams down my face, falling like the raging water of the Niagara Falls. I sob with pity for myself. I have lost everything. Even my dignity is gone. There's nothing to be proud off. Nothing.

"Lord, please give me more strength to finish this trials you have bestowed to me with head held high..." I mumbled barely a whisper. At this moment, I thought it's him that only I could trust.

I let the tears kept streaming until there's nothing left. When I thought I cried it all out, I step out of the shower and quickly dried myself. I pulled a gray paired of pajamas and blow dry my hair. I unplugged it the machine when my hair is all dry, placing it back on the vanity top drawer where all my other things for my hair were stored.

I quickly crawled into my bed and I smell his scent left on my covers. I saw the blood that reminds me that I've given the most precious thing I've kept for a long time. I'm no more a virgin, not anymore! I didn't regret it.

I pulled the covers away and tossed it on the chair barely landed on it and got out of the bed and pulled another bed covers in my drawers where my bed accessories are stored.

Soon, I'm lying on my bed but sleep was elusive. I shut my eyes harshly as the memories of him kissing me flooded my skull once again, taunting me to the brink. I could still feel his lips all over my body. I tossed and turned trying to block all the memories a little while ago, but sleep had abandoned me. And the more I tried to forget it, the more it keeps taunting me.

It's almost three as my clock says when I finally drifted to sleep.

A loud ring of my cell phone woke me up. I tried to sleep through it but each second it sounds annoying. I check on my bedside clock and it's passed one in the afternoon.

I bolted upright when I realized I have a work. WHAT? Oh God, no, I'm screwed. I palmed my face in frustrations, and disappointment.

When I attempted to jump off my bed, I felt my whole body sore, especially my lower part. I feel like I was punched all over my body especially my hips.

CRAP! I grimaced.

I heard my phone rang again. I quickly walk out my living room ignoring the soreness of my body and my sex as I winched occasionally when that slight pain shooting in my core, looking for my goddamn cell phone and found it sitting on the coffee table. I don't understand why it is set to loud.