Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways

"The course of true love never did run smooth." ― William Shakespeare

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.......................

ALEX POV

Emergency General Hospital

I frustratedly power down my laptop as frustrations rising within me. I can't concentrate working. Nicki's condition was never showing any positive response. It's been a month and I'm getting hopeless. My whole body is drowning in sorrow. I put the laptop down on the chair and stood up and sat beside her, holding her hand with my other hand while the other brushing her hair gently.

"I'm sorry, baby, for all the things I've done. I know I have hurt you much. I love you so much, Nikki. Too much, that it pained me seeing you like this. Please, please, wake up, baby. I need you!" I felt my eyes starting to well up. "Please don't give up on us. We will have a baby soon, you know? I'm excited to be a daddy and I bet you are, too. I'm so happy when I heard the news that you're carrying my child, Nikki. I promised I'll do everything to make it up to you. Just please, wake up, babe! I know you're strong," I softly cried. It's like a routine each day. The tears kept pouring like a rain as I beg her to wake up. Tell her how much I love her, how much sorry I am for being an ass to her, for being selfish. Then kissed her hands, then her dry lips, tenderly.

"I always love you!" I uttered softly as I pulled my lips from hers. I wipe the tears gently that drip on her forehead. And watched her peacefully sleeping. The bruises on her forehead and cheeks are slowly fading.

"I wish I could control everything. I wish I had the control in every situation. I thought everything could be easily manipulated by money and power, but when it comes to you, I'm completely lost and weak. You really can make me very angry even without trying. I lose every right sense whenever you're with me. You made me think irrational and no woman or man had ever done it before. That's how much I love you, Nicki! I forgot about anything just your mere presence. All I know is that I don't want when someone was around you other than me. I don't want any man to touch you other than me. Just the thought of it made me kill every man," I chuckled bitterly. I lift up her hand to my lips and planted a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

"I know I am selfish, but it is what I really feel. I want you all to myself." I sighed heavily. I felt the tears pooling again in my eyes. This month, I became so sensitive. Just the thought of her made me feel really weak and very emotional. Too vulnerable.

"Baby, I know you can hear me. Please, wake up ..." I let the tears streams down my cheeks as I kept kissing her hand. When I felt that my tears are completely drained. I watched her again with longing and pain in my heart.

I was about to stand when I felt her hand move and grip my hand that was still holding hers. I stood frozen and then my eyes suddenly snapped back to her eyes.

I looked at her eyes. Her lashes flutters. I quickly shifted my body to the side almost hovering over her.

She moves her hand and opened her eyes slowly then she blinks multiples times.

"Water ..." She croaks barely inaudible. Her voice sounded so faint to my ears.

"Oh, thank God, you're awake!" I squealed with joy as I held her hand with my heart beating loudly in excitement and I involuntarily hug her forgetting her state.

"Water, please," she repeated softly and I jumped out of her and frantically grab the glass of water on the table and help her drink the water. She looks so weak and pale.