Chapter 32: One True Love

"True love never tires. It forgives endlessly and will look beyond a person's fault." - Unknown

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.....................................

NIKKI POV

CMM Innovation Solutions

"Excuse me?" My eyes felt like it's going to pop out of my eyes after hearing his words. Then, the realization hits me hard like a cannon ball. "I am your problem?" I asked incredulously. I could feel my voice starting to shake so were my body, with anger this time. All this pent-up frustrations and anger closed to blow up. "So, I am a hindrance in your relationship with that blonde? Is that what you're telling me?" My eyes lidded and I see nothing but a jerk in front of me. The handsomeness faded and all I could see was the devil staring back at me with the same confusion in his eyes, and a tinge of amusement which didn't help me with my anger. "I didn't force you to take us in your care!" I disdainfully spat. I could see partly of him as my eyes turn into slits. "Don't worry, I already decided to leave you, SO YOU AND THAT BLONDE CAN LIVE TOGETHER!" I grit out ceremoniously not waiting for any word from him, my eyes felt stinging as I held the tears at bay, my chest feeling heavy and burning from the pent-up anger. I'm beyond enraged.

I was so furious when his words sunk in my head. I didn't force myself to live with him, in fact, he insist on taking me. My eyes were blazing.

All of a sudden, he burst into fits of laughter, his eyes were full of mirth. Which made me more furious. I wanted to smack his handsome face.

Really? He was fuming seconds ago. Such a bipolar.

I was staring at him incredulously. I bet my jaw was dropped on the floor. I can't believe how quickly his mood change. His worst than a girl. He stood up and walk to me and stood a few inches away.

My eyes slowly thinning, with irritation. I know it's not good for me to get really stress and angry but I can't help it. Especially when he is concerned.

A smile broke out on his lips, then slowly broadening. Is it funny? This brute has to make fun of me.

"I didn't mean it that way," he chuckled as he put his hands in his pockets staring at me in amusement.

I raise my eyebrow. "And what do you mean by it? For the time being, I was under your roof, you spent all your weekends in New York with that goddamn blonde. She even came to see you, huh? Not enough for just the weekends that she has to fly here and do your thing right here," I pointed furiously at his table, then my eyes snap back to his, "in your office," I ranted ceremoniously, my chest was about to blow up with the rage, hurt, I'm feeling right now. I hate him so much. I felt my tears prickled out of my eyelids. I tried to hold it, but it seems my water dam is too full, it can't hold it anymore. Water streams down my cheeks, like diamonds. This pregnancy really frustrating. I hate him to see me this vulnerable, crying in front of him.

"Please, Nikki, STOP!" he groaned and pulled me to his chest gingerly minding my big bump as he snakes his hands around my waist. He was kissing my head tenderly. "Why are you always conclusive?" he asked softly, pressing his lips against my temple. "Diana was nothing to me. I didn't know you saw her here. I didn't touch her or bedded her, I promise. Although I admit she was flirting with me but there's only one person my heart was aching for. It's you, Nikki. No, one else. I was mad because you didn't accept my proposal. I was rejected again and this time, it was more painful. I don't know what I'm gonna do now. I love you, Nikki, and all these things here is nothing if you're not with me." The he paused...