Chapter 21: The Past

"We are products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it." ― Rick Warren

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ....

................................................

NIKKI POV

Penthouse, Grand Sylvio Hotel

Colton reached my hand and look at me intently. "I really like you, Nicki," he confesses earnestly squeezing my hands lightly.

I was surprised. I didn't see it coming. I just met him yesterday. How could he be so sure to like a girl which he just met merely two days ago? He looks fine I can't deny that fact. He's good looking. He had a good job and he seems a like a nice and trusted guy, but who knows right? I just met him.

"You're kidding right?" I chuckled trying to make it lighter. He was staring at me seriously and I knew he is dead-serious while he held my hand with no plans of releasing it.

"I do like you and I wanted to know you more. Will you let me, Nicki?" he exclaimed in a dead-serious tone, with his eyes trained on me. I just nod unable to say any word as I tried to pry my hand from his hold. I can see some girls trying to get his attention.

I look at him and I thought, why not? It doesn't hurt to try. He seems like a good guy.

"Fine. Can you then release my hand so I can drink my wine?" I chuckled half-heartedly.

He chuckled when he realized he was still holding my hand and release it instantly as he apologized. I saw his cheeks reddened slightly and my eyebrow cocked in amusement. I kept the amusement in my head not wanting to embarrass him more.

As the time ticks, I realized he was funny and he knows how to make a conversation light and funny. We were both too animatedly talking and laughing that I didn't notice a pair of gray eyes watching not far from our table. Staring at our hands intertwined.

*****

ALEX POV

I was about to pay our bill since Mr. Valiente already left without even finishing his food, he had an emergency call to attend. He just signed the documents and agreed with the solutions being implemented in his company when I saw Colton and Nicki. Colton was holding her hands and they look so oblivious around them. Their two eyes were locked. I froze for a second, and I felt a kick in my heart. How I wished it was me who was holding her hands like that, staring at her beautiful strange eyes.

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize I was gripping the debit machine unconsciously, forgetting about the waiter who was standing next to me, politely waiting for me to complete the transaction.

"I'm sorry," I apologized and completed the payment. As soon as I paid I left the place right away and drove like crazy back to my penthouse. I need a hard drink. I need something to numb this awful, hollow in my heart.

As soon as I got in, I tossed my suitcase onto the armchair and walked to my bar and grab a whiskey and downed it directly to my mouth. A bursting burning sensation slithered down my throat through my stomach. The burning feeling is incomparable with the feelings I felt at the moment. I didn't realize a stray tear escape my eyes when I tasted that damn lone tear. I kept chugging the bitter liquid, but the taste soon blended with the bitterness and rawness I felt. The alcohol soon kicks in my system, my vision starting to get a little blurry, things starting to move even in my motionless state.

I ignored it and walk to the couch with the bottled of whiskey in my hand.

I place the whiskey on the coffee table when I heard a knock on my door. Swaying to the door, I managed to reach it and opened. My mom was standing there, looking surprised to see me with my tie loosened, hanging around my neck and obviously, I look like a lost fool man.