Chapter 6

No, Nandini doesn't have Corona or any other disease. It was a very much normal fever.

I was surprised reading some comments. 😂😂
And Also, I was replying to comments but I feel so sleepy so I am just doing to update and reply remaining tomorrow.

Thankyou to each and everyone ✨❤️

And, Inline comments are love.

Enjoy Reading.

_____

Nandini eyes flickered open as the first ray of sunshine entered inside the room. She tried to move only to moan at the ache she felt in her whole body.

Fever drained out most of her energy. She let out a small sigh and finally opened her eyes. It was then Nandini felt a hand slightly running in her hair. She frowned at looked at the side only to find Manik sleeping in the sitting position, his hand still moving in her hair.

Nandini: Manik?

She called out, it was a mere whisper and she could hardly hear herself but Manik did. His eyes jerked open the next moment as he stared down at her.

Manik: Nandini- Are you fine?

He checked her forehead by the back of his palm and let out a sigh finding it completely normal.

Nandini: I- I am fine.

Manik: Sure, you are. You were shivering, Nandini! Do you know how scared I was?

Nandini: Sorry-

Manik: Nandini- damn! You- stupid woman!

He muttered, cupping the side of her cheek and placing his lips on her forehead firmly. He hated seeing her sick, it made him feel sick too. Nandini giggled in his hold as he hugged her close to his heart, contented that she was fine now.

As he pulled away after a moment, Nandini noticed the slight bags under his eyes. He looked tired and exhausted. Suddenly, all her body ache jumped out of the window seeing his worn out figure.

Nandini: Manik, Aap saari raat nahi soye?

Manik: You were burning in fever, you think I would have slept peacefully?

Nandini: Manik, Fine. You are so stubborn. Come here now.

She gestured him to lay down and as he did, she patted his head softly.

Nandini: I am fine now. You can sleep without any worry.

Manik: But tum-

Nandini: Manik- I am fine.

She assured again. He finally agreed and turned around to snuggle in her to sleep. Nandini smiled running her hand through his hair and watched him fall sleep in her embrace.

He looked so innocent, so adorable just like a small child sleeping without any worry of the world. A sudden sense of protecting him rushed through her. She bend down and placed a protective kiss on his head. He smiled in sleep recognising her touch.

Nandini layed there for around fifteen minutes more. She didn't want to get up for her body still ached but she had no other choice. She had to go to the hospital for work. She couldn't skip that.

She let out a small sigh before leaving the bed and got freshened up. Maybe a long relaxing shower might help her.

°°°

Nandini was not wrong afterall. The shower did help her, atleast to a great extent. As she got ready, she glanced at Manik who was in deep slumber, his blanket thrown on the floor mercilessly. She shook her head in disbelief before covering him properly and left the room.