Chapter 24 | Alternate Ending.

So this ending is for everyone who didn't like the original. Though, as a writer - the original ending is the one I prefer - I do understand you guys.

So here you go.

After thirteen painful days, Nandini was allowed to leave her room

After thirteen painful days, Nandini was allowed to leave her room. Her body probably had so many complications, the doctor had crushed any hopes for pregnancy in the future.

Nandini didn't mind. Her little Ahaan was okay, and that was all she wanted. He was in an incubator and it was the last day as well.

Nandini was going to see Manik today.

When she reached outside his room, she didn't feel it all but the moment she opened the door and Manik's swollen eyes came in her view, Nandini lost it.

She sobbed, and had to remind herself Manik needed positivity to recover. He was fine, just in a good shape. The broken leg was repairable, his body had bandages, arms, hands, chest, head. Everywhere she looked, he was injured.

Nandini: Manik.

Manik blinked, unable to talk. The doctors had said his throat was swollen too, and it will probably take another few days before he could start to speak.

Manik seemed restless as he tried to move but Nandini was quick enough to walk to him. She sat beside him, not knowing what to say.

Nandini: Aap theek hai?

Manik blinked, and Nandini knew if he would have been okay, he would have came up with something funny in return but her Manik was not okay.

He was probably in pain, the tears at the corner of his eye told her.

Nandini sat there for next two hours, telling him about little Ahaan, showing him the pictures and everything. She made sure to never say anything negative, only trying to fill him up with the positivity.

And Nandini was glad because a week later, the doctor told them Manik was progressing much more better.

Now a days, Nandini and little Ahaan would always be there, in his room hovering around him, laughing, and having fun.

Sometimes, Manik would cry but other times he would keep staring at them as if they were his whole world - which again, was not a lie.