Chapter 8

Ugh. I know I am two weeks late but I really had a hard time writing this chapter.

And I guess I am really in need of some motivation, so comments are most welcome on this chapter.

Enjoy Reading!

_____

Manik let out a small sigh as he layed on the bed with his head on his mother's lap or his another heaven, as he always described. He was playing with the soft fabric of her night-wear, lost in his own thoughts while she caressed her hair.

Nandini was in their room talking to her parents, and making sure they were all at home tomorrow. She didn't want to share one of the biggest happiness of her life on a phone call, so they decided they would go there after their appointment with the doctor. She was happy, and that was all that mattered.

His mother watched in surprise as he turned and tossed over, his hand flapping at the bed out of habit of holding his wife close until he realized where he was and when he did, he closed his eyes with a sheepish smile.

Niyonika let out a giggle at his pink ears.

Niyonika: Manik, Are you happy?

Niyonika knew the answer already but she wanted to hear it from him. Manik knew it was his mother's own own way of making sure everything was okay in his life or he was happy with it.

Manik: Happy? That doesn't define what I feel, Maa. It is all- it is like a dream. Am I really going to be a father?

Niyonika: Yes, you are.

She laughed, nodding her head along. Manik whined for no reason at all. He sat down facing her, and she patted his cheek.

Niyonika: Mera bacha. Who would say you are married and now going to be a father?

Manik: Maa!

Before she could reply, the mother and son were disturbed by the sound of knob turning as Raj who was in the washroom all the time came out while wiping his hair. He made a bad face as his eyes fell on them, precisely on Manik.

Raj: All the time sticking to my wife. Did your wife kick you out?

Niyonika: Raj!

She gasped, not believing he just said that.

Raj: What! I didn't get him married for no reason. Go and trail behind Nandini!

Manik: So Rude.

Raj ignored his comment and rolled his eyes, watching as his wife glared at him with her eyes as large as saucers.

Niyonika: Raj, you don't tease my son like that!

Raj: Yeah Yeah, now he is more important to you!

Manik: ofcourse I am!

Manik smirked and as his father growled, spurts of laughter left his mouth and he watched his father walking to the dressing table and running his hand through his hair.

Niyonika: Manik! Raj, you can't be serious! Stop with this now both of you! And Raj, don't you think instead of taunting him, you sould sit down and give him some advice? He is going to be a father now!

Raj smirked, looking at Manik who made a bad face.

A lesson on fatherhood with his son, or more like telling him how much his wife loved him back than, oh yeah - he was definitely in for it.