Chapter 11

When I asked Anyone up for Forever, I definitely didn't expect more than fifty people to reply, but I am left surprised!

And offcourse, not me updating after almost two months.. okay, I apologise sincerely for the late update but things have been quite hectic lately.

I am again not sure of this chapter so do tell me how it is.

Inline comments are always welcomed and specially when your author is in need of too much motivation.

Enjoy Reading!

___

Around three weeks later, Nandini finally
got a day off from Manik's morning excercise session. It almost felt the same as of getting a leave from work and Nandini was happy, so happy that she wanted to cook him his favourite meal and although the offer was too tempting, Manik settled on a kiss from her.

She had to leave for her work too and he knew the days were tiring for her sometimes. And then, she hardly cooked these days so cooking a whole meal would only add more exhaustion.

Niyonika: Manik! Are you even hearing me?

Manik hurriedly shook his head hearing his mother's angry tone. He looked at her only to find her already staring at him with a glare. Manik gulped, glancing around at the table once.

Okay. He knew what was the problem.

Manik: What happened, Maa?

Niyonika: What happened? You dare to ask me? Where is Nandini? This girl! She never eats on time and this is all your fault. You don't let me say anything to her!

She blabbered, angry and upset. Manik saw his father shake his head from side. He wanted to laugh out loud but he didn't dare to. An angry woman is like a wounded tigress and he would be a fool to instigate her more.

Manik silently stood up and held her shoulders, halting her in the middle. She gave him I-am-serious look.

Manik: I know, Maa but she is getting ready. We didn't go for exercise today and she wanted to sleep for more.

Niyonika: Fine. I am not scolding your wife. Go and call her now.

Manik laughed and nodded his head before walking to his room. Reaching there, he had expected to see her running from one corner to another in a hurry to get ready but to his surprise, Nandini stood in front of the mirror, covered only in her white towel and doing something weird.

It took him a moment to realise that she was actually mimicking him.

Nandini: Nandini! Eat this. No, do this. Like this. Why are you so careless! Nandini!

Manik pressed his hand on his lips to control his laughter. He wasn't supposed to think like this, but standing there his wife truely looked like a cute cartoon.

Nandini: Nandini. I am going to office, have your medicines and take rest. I don't want any complaints!

She laughed at her own mimicking and then pressed her hand on her covered belly. Since it was only three months, she had grown a small bump and she looked absolutely adorable. He already had a hard time keeping his hands off her stomach whenever they were alone.

Nandini found his habit irritating but never stopped him. Infact, she had a seperate gallery in her mobile having his pictures or videos where he was talking to their baby. He knew she loved whenever he showered them both with his attention. Like her, their baby was a big time attention seeker too.

Manik's first instinct was to go inside and wrap his arms around her, caress her baby bump or kiss her senseless but he did nothing. He silently stood at the door and watched her for a little more.