Chapter 23

Hey. Surprise Surprise.

I am looking at you wide eyed at this point because you sticked to this book even when I went all mia. So thankyou so much guys. ✨
Always greatfull for all the love.

Important - Since this chapter was getting too long, I had to divide it into two. So yes, we have Chapter 24th as the last chapter.

Trigger Warning - Mentions of accident. Nothing graphical but okay, please be careful when you read.

______

Two Months Later.

Niyonika: Raj, do you both have to go today?

Raj sighed internally at the disappointment sitting on his wife's face. He hated saying no to her and he absolutely hated moments like this - when he had to prioritise work her. He couldn't help it for the work was important. Not more than her, but at the end of the day it was the work because of which they were living the best life out there.

While Manik chuckled, his gaze fixed on his arm as he tried to button up his undone sleeve. Nandini sat on the couch infront of him with an adorable pout. It was sunday and he had promised her the entire day, watching movies and cuddling with her on their bed but now, here he was getting ready for work along with his father.

An important client showed up all of the sudden requesting to prepone the meeting that was scheduled next week and it wouldn't have looked nice to deny them.

Raj: Niyo, you know I wouldn't have if it was not necessary. And Manik knows the project better than me and he is the one charge of it, so his presence is needed there.

Niyonika: Ofcourse.

She muttered, salty about this sudden work and Raj couldn't help but bend down to peck her cheek - leaving her a blushing mess as Cabir and Mukti hooted from behind.

Manik was too busy staring at Nandini who was looking at him with her big sparkling doe shaped eyes. She looked so close to crying that he almost wanted to ditch the meeting. Only if he could.

Manik: I will come soon, baba. Stop sulking.

He walked to her, handing her the tie and she took it grumpily.

Nandini: Don't get late.

She warned. Manik nodded his head with a small laugh seeing her trying so hard to look all tough and angry but all in all, she only looked like an adorable mess.

Manik: Okay, Mam. As you say.

He bowed down dramatically and stood up when his tie was done. He looked at his father who turned to him at the same moment.

Raj: Let's go?

Manik bobbed his head, turning to glance at Nandini before looking at his mother.

Manik: Maa, take care of her. Call me if anything urgent and make sure she doesn't step out of the house. It is raining and she will get sick.

Nandini: Manik!

She whined, not expecting him to give instructions to Niyonika this way. She was not a child. It was more embarrassing when Niyonika replied in positive.

Manik turned to her with stern eyes which only soften seeing the look on her face. He didn't even want to leave her at this crucial point.

Her delivery was due any date, any time.

Manik: Take care of yourself. I will try to be back as soon as possible.

Nandini: Promise?

Manik: Promise, baby.