Chapter 18

Nothing seems right these days..

I feel like I am slipping away, I mean I just don't even feel like talking sometimes..and sometimes I want to talk, so much at a time..

Life is so unpredictable.. it is crazy how people leave and you are just left with their memories..and they just don't let you sit in peace..

Anyways, Enjoy Reading..
____

Manik groaned, opening his eyes and slammed his pillow on his own face at the blasting headache. Drinking was certainly a bad idea. Bad Bad idea. It was even hard to blink his eyes.

It took him few moments to acknowledge his surroundings. He was at home, in his room, on his own bed sleeping in yesterday's clothes. He still smelled of alcohol and it only made him cringe.

Memories of last night flooded his mind. He didn't remember everything in particular but had faint reminiscence- He was drinking at the bar when he heard a man pass comment on his face.

"Young Man, I understand your feelings. These women, they ruin innocent men like us. I mean look at you. You seem to come from a wealthy family, and see what did she do to you. Tell me, did she run away with another-"

Manik had not left him capable of completing that sentence. He had wiped off the man's evil grin just by a solid punch but man, the man was a giant but Manik was no less too.

He clearly remembered beating the man senseless but could not remember what happened next. Their was a dull ache in his right hand and arm, his leg had taken a kick too. The man was huge.

Aman was there, Manik remembered him driving him home. His mother had opened the door and he was crying after that. What did he even tell her?

Did he make his mother cry?

Manik frowned, hoping he had not upset his mother. He would never be able to forgive himself he had misbehaved with his own mother in his drunken state.

He sighed and left the bed to get ready for the day.

When Manik walked into the hall, he was scared. Scared that his father might have seen him drunk yesterday, and he didn't know what to expect.

Days of pent of anger had been released through the alcohol yesterday and now Manik was calm. He could think, and he could only feel ashamed of himself.

As usual, the whole family was there already. Manik looked at his father from the side eye as walked towards them. He was only few steps away, when he heard his mother say to Mukti.

Niyonika: - I asked her to come back and-

Manik: What?

Niyonika stopped abruptly and turned to face him. Manik noticed how she glanced Raj first before she looked at him nervously.