Chapter 7

Ugh. I probably had a lot to rant a few hours back but my mind is blank right now. Shit happens. Yeah.

I published the chapter two days back by mistake and a lot of you were trying to know what happened while I was away. So next time if something like this happens - please do check my message board once. I had posted the announcement there right after few minutes.

Also, Thankyou for all the love on the previous chapter. This chapter probably has less of Manik. Actually, hardly Manik.

And Inline comments are always love❤️

Enjoy Reading.

____

The same day, Nandini reached home earlier than she was supposed to. She even pushed one of her important appointments to the following day stating she wasn't feeling well. She felt more weird for being sick for three days in row.

There was a different kind of unsettling feeling inside her stomach, the one she couldn't put into words.

She looked at the tablets kept on her streched palm with a bad face. Manik had told her they would visit the doctor together. He didn't want her to go alone, reason; even she didn't know so she just helped herself with the tablets.

She grabbed a glass of water from the side table and gulped down the tablets in one go. Keeping the glass back, she streched out her legs and let out a sigh. Just as she was about to lay down to sleep, a knock on the door disturbed her.

Nandini frowned, wondering who it could be. Niyonika and Mukti were out for a function in the neighbour. Manik was in office and Navya and Cabir were not talking to her.

She opened the door only to gasp in surprise.

Navya.

Navya was confused

Navya was confused. She didn't know what to do anymore. Cabir was still miffed with her and she didn't blame him. For a fact, she too knew how wrong she was to drag Nandini in their personal matter yesterday.
But the fact that Cabir refused to understand her point of view, was still hurting her.

She needed an advice, someone to guide her. Taking the matter to Niyonika or Raj would make it weird. Mukti was young and unmarried - there was no way she would understand and Navya couldn't approach Manik after yesterday. So the only person remained was Nandini.

Her heart ached as she remembered how she belittled her own bestfriend yesterday. She didn't mean to but she did. Now, she was scared. What if Nandini too refused to understand her?

But even after all this, she ended up knocking at her door and as Nandini showed up, Navya could tell how shocked she was.

Nandini: Navya?

Navya: C-Can I come in?

Nandini nodded with hesitation clear on her face. She didn't want to confront Navya, not atleast right now when she was not feeling well but now that Navya was here, she couldn't deny too.