Chapter 22

Hi guys, as we all know Niti is participating in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa this year, we are going to trend for her on twitter today, 8 p.m.

Do join the trend.

More details you can see in the media box. Also, I have no idea why didn't media picture showed in the previous chapter. I will check it once.

Enjoy Reading :)
___

Nandini frowned when she opened her eyes. Unlike how she slept, she was not on her bed. Instead she was standing in the middle of the hall in her very home.

She looked around, her eyes fell on Niyonika who was sitting on the couch wearing a grey coloured saree, a colour Nandini knew Niyonika never wears for she calls it dull and lifeless. So why now?

Her father in law was sitting beside her, his glasses on and reading a newspaper, something he did whenever he wanted to escape.

They both looked tired and gloomy. Nandini frowned and walked forward. She passed from the corridor coming across Cabir and Navya's room. The door was ajar open and Mukti stood outside crying while palming her mouth. Nandini looked inside and Cabir and Navya are fighting aloud, shouting and screaming until Cabir broke a vase and left while Navya only cried louder.

Nandini walked to her room. Manik was sitting on the couch working on his laptop.

Nandini: Manik-

Nandini stopped in mid. A baby's cries echoed in the room. Nandini's head snaped in the direction where her baby laid in the baby cot, crying and needy for attention.

Her eyes widened as she walked to the baby and tried to pick him up but is unable to.
She looked at Manik, who seemed to have stiffened but never moved. His fingers worked more than faster on the laptop keyboard.

Nandini looked around, their wedding frame which always adored the wall behind their bed, was misssing. Moreover, there was not even a single picture in the whole room. Where was she?

What was she seeing?

Nandini moved out of the room, going back in the hall. She saw Manik now standing there from some distance.

Nandini: Manik?

She called out but he didn't turn like always. He shifted from one foot to another and Nandini frowned. What was he seeing with so much concentration? She walked forward and her breathe hitched in her throat.

There, hung a big portrait of her with a flower garland around it. She looked at Manik, and found him smiling, his smile so bitter that she felt her stomach churning. He was breathing in a world, she didn't stay in anymore. And he hated her for it.

Nandini: Manik!

She cried this time but Manik didn't hear again. He walked to their room. Nandini smiled this time. Her baby won't cry anymore. So what if she was not here, Manik was there.

But she frowned again when Manik only glanced at the baby before walking to the couch where he sat previously. He sat there working, his forehead tense and the baby cried louder every passing second.

He must be hungry.

He must want something!

Why was Manik not attending to him?

Nandini saw when he abruptly got up and walked to the cot. She stared in hope but it all came crashing down the next moment.

Manik: Shut up!