Chapter 19

Ah. I don't remember the last time I updated at this hour of the day but guess what, someone is angry at my phone addiction and now, I have been given a challenge (I am already losing but that's okay.)

I hope you guys enjoy this update because people, this might get me in trouble today!
😂❤️

____

Manik stood at the side as Nandini walked inside the mansion with her parents beside her. Abhimanyu followed after them dragging Nandini's luggage.

Manik walked ahead to take it from him, and asked a servant to keep it in their room simultaneously, all the while he ignored the look Abhi passed him.

Nandini was instantly pulled in a hug by Niyonika who muttered a string of apologies for that phone call. Nandini herself cried as she assured her it was okay.

Next, Mukti and Navya were quick enough to hug her. Even Cabir went ahead to hug her and asked her if she was fine, even though he knew the answer already.

Elders greeted each other, Cabir pulled Abhimanyu in a conversation while Nandini stood there at some distance staring at anything but him.

He watched her take a hesitant step ahead in his direction and at the same time Abhimanyu turned to him.

Abhi: We need to talk, Manik.

Manik stared at him for a moment. It gained the attention of the elders too and as they stared at Manik, he realised they were all waiting for an explanation from him. He sighed and nodded his head.

Manik: Let's talk in the study.

With that, he walked to the study followed by the four elders and Abhimanyu while the other three decided to divert Nandini's mind.

°°°

There was thick silence around. Manik stood near the study table while Ayesha and Niyonika sat on the couch. Raj and Karan stood at the side while Abhimanyu was standing by the door.

It was Karan who broke the silence.

Karan: What is happening, Manik?

He sounded worried, tensed and Manik didn't blame him. He opened his mouth to reply but a panicked Ayesha cut in.

Ayesha: Nandu told us you agreed for the baby?

Manik hesitated, but nodded his head.

Manik: I did.

Abhi: She can die, Manik. Why did you agree to her.

Abhi hissed in absolute anger. Karan glared at him from the side but he ignored it. He needed answers today. He took a step ahead and stared at Manik in anger.

Abhi: You know what is at stake, Manik. Yet you choose the baby, what happened to your 'I choose my wife' now?

Manik remained silent, ashamed and not knowing how to explain while Abhi scoffed in return as he turned to his parents.

Abhi: Look at him, Amma- Appa. He has no answer. I am telling you, we will loose her.

Manik let out a low chuckle in response. They all frowned at him as he looked up. His eyes didn't have tears, but all of them could feel his inner turmoil.

Manik: You will loose her, But I have already lost her.

Niyonika: Manik-

Manik: There is a limit for me too, Maa.

His chocked at the end, his voice betraying him as he looked at his mother's teary eyes. She came forward and he shook his head.

Manik: How long will I keep fighting against her? I can't, Maa. She is weak at this moment, she doesn't need this stress.  This is for the best for now.