Chapter 14

Grab the tissues please, :)

And I can't beleive I have my mid sem test tomorrow and I am here updating and replying to comments when I have not even studied a single word!

Wish me luck for this horrifying mid sem test! Pray that the topics I read now, only they come in test tomorrow 😭😂❤️

Anyways, Enjoy Reading!

_____

Abort the baby, Nandini.

No.

Manik had not said that. Nandini refused to beleive her own ears. He had to be kidding her but the way he was standing there with tears in his eyes, Nandini knew her husband was dead serious.

She continued to stare at him in shock as he blinked his eyes in a failed attempt to shoo away his tears. She gasped, and tried to free herself from his hold. Manik held her tight as she struggled more and shook his head at her failed attempts.

Manik: You need to hear me out, Nandini.

Nandini: No!

And with that, she had pushed Manik away from her forcefully. Manik stumbled, standing up to his feet and tried to move to her but she flinched away from him, stopping him in the middle.

He fisted his hand, expecting the reaction but still not able to take it. He hated when she pushed him away.

Manik: Nandini

Nandini: How dare you!

Manik: Listen to me-

Nandini: I don't want to listen to you, Manik! Y-you didn't say that! Y-You- A-Abortion!?

She cried, disbelief running over her as she stared at the man infront of her. He was not her husband. Her Manik would never say anything like that to her.

Manik: Nandini! You need to hear me!

Manik shouted back this time, unable to hold it. She was starting to test his patience now. Her life was at stake and the least she could do was hear him out.

Manik: Nandini, the doctor-

Nandini sat there with horror on her face as Manik narrated the doctor's word. He finished but she didn't say a word. Seeing her state, he came forward and sat infront of her. He cupped her cheek and tried to make her look at him.

Manik: W-we have no other choice, Nandini. Abortion-

Nandini: Leave me alone.

Manik: Nandini- baby you need to-

Nandini: Manik, Please leave me alone.

She requested this time without even giving him any glance. Manik stared at her for a moment before standing up. He wanted to stay and hold her but she was pushing him away.

The indifference on her face, it broke his heart. She was not shouting at him. She didn't even look at him. Her face was devoid of any emotion and she had even refused to look at him.

Manik: I- I will ask the doctor to prepare for a-abortion.

Nandini clenched the bedsheet in her fist, heavy tears pooling in her eyes but she said nothing. She waited for him to leave the room. He did, with slow steps and his eyes glued on her but for the first time, Nandini couldn't look at him.

It was only when she heard the door close, her facade broke and she let the tears fall down her cheeks. She cried, clutching her fists and let the heartbreak consume her.