Chapter 13

I wish someone told me how shitty growing up could be! Life is literally a mess sometimes and I just don't know how to handle it all.

I hope you people are doing good. Once again, I am extremely sorry for being so inactive here. Trying my best to write fast, and you guys would love to know I have the next chapter almost ready too, and you can expect it next week itself.

Feel free to share your views on this chapter..

Also, Can you people suggest me some MaNan Arrange Marriage books with some simple and practical storyline? Really in need for some good suggestions..

Thankyou!

______

"Bhai, please come fast! Bhabhi fell down the stairs, we have taken her to Health and Care hospital."

The words stared right at Manik through the mobile screen, knocking out his breathe. He let out a loud curse before running out of his cabin and the company. It gave him a deja vu feeling, the situation almost similar to what he had faced few months back.

That time, it was a good news waiting for him and this time, he just didn't know. Nandini had fallen down the stairs, he didn't know how. He just knew, she was in the hospital waiting for him and he needed to reach fast.

And as if luck was not on his side, the road was packed with heavy traffic.

Manik slammed his hand hard on the steering wheel, cursing out loud again. He had this sudden urge to punch every single person who was stopping him from reaching hospital.

He needed to go. His wife was in the hospital, injured and she needed him. Even though she had everyone else, Manik knew no one would be able to handle her if something bad happened.

The thought only made him feel sick from inside. He gripped the steering wheel tight and his mobile rang at the same time. His mother's name flashed on the screen.

Manik: Maa!

Niyonika: Where are you, Manik?

She cried from the other end. Manik gulped, the dread growing in his stomach. His mother was a strong woman unless something really messes up.

Manik: I am coming, Maa. Is Nandini and my baby fine?

Silence.

And a loud sob.

Manik gulped, his muscles twitched and grip tightening further to the point his knuckles turned white.

Manik: I am coming.

The call was cut and Manik looked ahead. Anger filling inside him at no one particular.

Manik: For God's sake move! Damit!

He shouted out loud. A couple of heads turned to him but Manik was too busy to even spare them a glance.

It was god damn thirty minutes he was stuck in the traffic. Something was not right, and he could feel it.

Please be safe, both of you. He prayed to her Ayiyappa and thankfully the traffic was clear and he drove to the hospital like a mad person.

 He prayed to her Ayiyappa and thankfully the traffic was clear and he drove to the hospital like a mad person