Chapter 20

Important- Okay, So I have my practicals coming up and they might start from next Monday. And I have so much of work pending.. Practicals and assignments. I don't even know how will I do it all, but okay, I have to. So, I am not sure if I will be even available on wattpad for atleast a month. I might delete it in a day or two as well. But after that, we will complete Forever.

Also, How do you guys write so much? Like practicals and all, I hate writing all this and it is so boring!

Anyways, this chapter is kind of a filler chapter, actually not even a filler but kind of a needed one. So bear with it.

Hope you guys don't find it boring!

And did you guys check the new book I published? It is on my profile 'What Heart Wants'
The new chapter will be up within half an hour.

Enjoy!

______

Life is uncertain. There are times when we don't know what comes next. No matter how much we dream, or plan, nothing can really prepare us for what comes ahead.

When Nandini and him decided to have a baby, they were so happy. Nandini was so happy, the happiest. And then, the baby came, the second most precious moment of their lives.

Nandini had seen so many dreams. Late nights, she would narrate him the stories of her childhood. All the childhood moments, the pranks, school trips and many of her first experiences. She would tell him and he would just sit beside her and hear her, silent but content.

She had the perfect plans for their baby. She knew what she had to feed him, in which school they were putting him and she had even been watching YouTube day and night only to learn how to change a baby's diaper.

She was being prepared.

Only if she knew, no YouTube video could have prepared her for what life threw at her.

It was already more than a week she returned home and needless to say things have been different.

Manik wouldn't talk to her.

He didn't ignore her. Infact, he was being extra careful. He took care of her every single need, fulfiled her every single demand, every craving and they did exchange words but something was missing. They both could feel the void between them. Something had changed, so drastically that Manik was almost on the verge of losing it.

He had been keeping distance from her. He wanted to prepare himself. He thought, if she was to leave in less than two months, it was better he started distancing himself from her.

Attachments would only hurt him more.

It was not easy when she would look at him with so much longing in her eyes. It was not easy when he would just take a step back every time she tried to come close to him. It was not easy at all but he did it. To protect himself from the hurt he would face months later.

Manik let out a tiring sigh, staring at his laptop infront of him. He was in office, trying to work but all his mind came up with was Nandini.

He looked at his phone, his hands itched to call her but he didn't. He wouldn't. He shouldn't. He tried to shush his heart but it wouldn't listen.

Manik sighed, palming his face and at the same time his mobile pinged. He picked it up quickly only to find a message from Nandini.

It was three dots. Nothing else, just three dots. She wanted to tell him something, Manik understood. But what was it? He looked around his table, it was all messed up and he could find nothing. Aman was not behaving weird so it had nothing to do with him.