Chapter 12

Oh yeah! I am early this time!

This chapter is kind of a turning point and I am very nervous about this one!

Enjoy Reading

____

Manik: No.

Manik cleared, his tone firm and face rigid as he refused to stare at any of them. He had decided he wouldn't budge this time.

His mother had her puppy eyes on, along with his sister and Navya. Cabir and Raj looked ridiculous while faking sadness. Manik mentally rolled his at how pathetically dramatic they looked.

Manik: You all are not allowed in my room in the middle of night.

Cabir: But it is Bhabhi's birthday. We have to wish her.

Manik: So? Wish her in the morning. You will have the whole day.

Mukti: but it is no fun. We want to wish her at night.

Manik: No means no. I won't let you all do this.

Niyonika: We will see that, Manik.

Manik: If any of you dared to come to my room in the middle of the night and spoil my wish- I swear from next year, I will take my wife on a one week trip with me. And then I will see how you get to wish her!

It took a moment for everyone to realize what Manik went while Manik only smirked in victory. Last year, he had planned so much and at the last moment, they all burst into his room holding cake and balloons while singing Happy Birthday To You.

They didn't even let him wish her properly but this year, things were different. His wife was pregnant and he was not going to let them ruin their moment. He was not going to sit at the side and stare at them sing Happy Birthday To You to his wife.

Raj: Fine. Let me throw a party tomorrow then.

Manik shook his head in no without another thought.

Manik: No, We are not partying this year dad. Nandini is pregnant, it will be tiring for her.

Niyonika: Yeah, Manik is right. But we can do a mini celebration right?

Navya: Yes, and let's invite Abhi bhai, Arya Bhai, Rhea, Sia and Uncle-Aunty. We can bake a cake at home and celebrate.

Mukti: That's a wonderful idea. I will invite Zubin also!

Mukti exclaimed but bite her tongue seeing the teasing looks her family adored except for Manik.

Niyonika: Sure, Mukti. You can call Zubin, Afterall he is our to be son in law, we should also bond with him, no Raj?

Raj nodded, smiling as Mukti blushed and ran to her room but not before kissing her mother's cheek and shouting an I love you guys.

Cabir: So it is final, tomorrow night-

Manik: No, tomorrow evening.

Cabir: But-

Manik: I have plans.

Manik confessed, and Cabir nodded grumpily.

Cabir: Fine, Tomorrow evening at six, we will celebrate Bhabhi's birthday!

Manik: And remember, no excessive oily food and no spoiling her with icecream or chocolates.

They all smiled at him which he knew was a fake one. He returned the one with equal fake enthusiasm. Another five minutes of discussion, and Manik left for his room with a sigh and a glass of warm milk.