95 Years Young

As soon as I saw him, my breath got caught in my throat and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Was this really the Loki I knew so long ago? What had happened to him? 

"Put the spear down." Fury commanded, snapping Loki's attention back to everyone in the room that was set to go off in a matter of minutes, nether less seconds. 

 "I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki smiled wickedly at them

 "Loki? The brother of Thor?" Erik Selvig spoke up, finally able to stand from the explosion that knocked everyone off of their feet. Well, almost everyone. Hawkeye, Fury, most of the guards, and I had been able to stand our ground. Loki gave him an extremely annoyed look- he had only been here for ten minutes and already he was being linked to Thor. The better brother. Or so I'm told...

 The guards were down for the count so they couldn't resist when Loki put his scepter against their chests, turning their eyes from the normal color, to black, and finally to an eerie blue.

 They all seemed to be his minions. Next he started walking towards Fury, Hawkeye, and myself. Hawkeye shot out at him but Loki ignored the bullets and deflected them, his attention was now purely on me. Seeing this, Clint protectively stood in front of me and told me to run. I did as he asked but openly worried about his safety. Loki was not one to mess with. "Be careful." I whispered and started to run towards the look-out nest Hawkeye had built when we first started this mission.

 With Loki distracted, Fury had managed to start packing up all the necessary instruments and whatnot for the tesseract. Quickly downloading all the files onto a small pocket hard drive, Fury moved over to the tesseract, hoping to get it out without Loki noticing. With my attention on Fury, Loki had taken that opportunity to turn an aggressive Hawkeye into one of his personal minions.

 Loki, who was motioning to Fury, had Hawkeye shoot a bullet into his chest, effectively getting him to drop the case the tesseract was in. "Get the girl." Loki's voice was low enough that I could barely make it out, but I knew what was going to happen. And I ran. He wanted me to hear what he had said so I'd be like a zebra in a chase of two lions. Cornered. Eventually cornered.

 Hawkeye ran towards the nest, furiously trying to complete his mission. Looking around, I saw all the things that had value to Hawkeye. The Hawkeye that would be a jerk to me just for fun. Gathering them up in my arms, I put them in a bag. This was going to get out of here with or without me. Climbing the ladder, Hawkeye would be upon me in seconds. That I knew. What would happen to me after he caught me? That I didn't know. And that's what scared me the most.

 Hawkeye came up and pounced at me, making a small shriek escape my lips as his rough hands grabbed my arms and wouldn't release their painful grip. Right as Hawkeye was about to throw me off the railing, instead of carrying me down, Loki started yelling at him, "No! You bumbling idiot! I want her alive, not seriously injured!" Hawkeye hoisted me over his shoulder and used an arrow to shoot out a line to the ground so he could slide down instead of taking the ladder again.

 Once on the ground, Hawkeye dropped me where we landed and held a gun to my head, "Don't make a move."

 "No need for such hostilities, yet." Loki walked over, "Thought you could seriously get away?"

 "Maybe." I sat, "Or maybe I was just distracting you." I smirked at his confused expression as he turned around, not seeing Fury or the tesseract there anymore. Fury raced across his face, "Find him! Now!" Everyone filed out of the room, except those dead or unconscious. Oh, and Loki and I. "You think you're so clever don't you?"

 "I never said I was. That's what your thoughts tell you of, not mine." I made it my goal to say everything with a self-satisfied smirk, which really pissed him off. Greatly.