Brother's Celebration

I closed my eyes and saw his muscular chest and arms… I bumped into Frigga.

“Oops.”

“Today is Thor’s big day! You need to put this on and be down by noon. Is Loki in his room?”

I nodded and Frigga handed me a purple dress with gold stitching and embroidery on it. She then went into Loki’s room and closed the door, and I headed into mine.

I slipped the dress on and fixed its silky surface so it’d fit better.  Frigga came back to lead Thor, Loki, and myself to the throne room.

“Let’s go! We don’t want to be late!” I heard Frigga say excitedly as Thor came out of his room and Loki out of his. Frigga knocked on my door and all three of them came in.

I came from where I stood on my balcony to see the 3.

“You look beautiful, Luanne.” Frigga gasped as Thor and Loki entered

Thor smirked at how I looked; it was nothing like I normally liked to wear. Pants and a T-shirt suited me fine but I had to dress up for this. I even asked Frigga if I could go in pants and a T, but she laughed and said I was part of the royal family so I had to dress like a princess. I looked at the silky (practically all the dresses I received had a silky texture) fabric and cringed at how girly I must have looked. Then Loki entered.

He entered like this was the show, he was the lead, and his destiny rested on how well he played the scene. It was like Shakespeare. 

It probably was Shakespeare.

Frigga noticed Loki staring, “Thor, how about we head to the throne room to get you ready. Where’s Mjolnir?” she ushered Thor out of the room and winked at me before closing the door. I sighed.

Loki walked around me taking in every detail.

When he started walking around me for the third time, I started walking around him, and imitating everything that he did.

He smirked. I smirked.

He walked quicker. I walked quicker.

That is until my MP3 Player flew out of my pocket onto the floor. A song from the movie Anastasia came on. One of my favorite songs ‘Once Upon A December’ started playing.

Loki bowed and held out his hand, “May I have this dance?”

I hesitantly brought my hand towards his; he grabbed it, and whisked me into a dance. We spun around the room and he ended up dipping me. I laughed and he brought me back into his arms as another Anastasia song called ‘Journey To The Past’ came on. He held me close and whispered into my ear, “We should do this more often.”

“There really isn’t always an occasion where we can get all dazzled up and dance to Anastasia songs.” I whispered back and gazed into his beautiful eyes.

“There doesn’t need to be an occasion. We could just dance to be in each other’s company.” He whispered “I’ve missed you.”

My knees almost buckled and the softer version of ‘Once Upon of A December’ came on.

I realized I had been holding my breath and released it. Loki twirled me and pulled me closer.

I stopped dancing.

“What’s the matter?”

I looked at the floor, “We shouldn’t be dancing.”

Loki gently put his hand under my chin and forced me to look at him, “What do you mean?”

He seemed very concerned.

“I-I just think that we should get to your brother’s celebration. We don’t want to be late.”

“We won’t. If we are then mother will come get us. Do not fret, all will be right.”

He started to pull me closer but I pulled away.

“What’s wrong now?” He asked, very concenred

“I need some fresh air. I need to get some fresh air.” He let go and I ran to the balcony to open it. Cold air filled the room extinguishing the candles that still burned. Loki walked over to my MP3 and placed it on the table next to my bed. He then walked over towards my bookshelves and started reading the backs of the books.

I calmly breathed in and out. I thought I had my problem under control. I thought I could handle it. I always over-estimated myself. I took one more deep breath and entered the room again.

Loki was sitting on one of the couches reading ‘Fahrenheit 451’, one of my personal favorites. 

“Are you better? Do you need a doctor or something? Maybe a hot beverage?” He asked concerned

“I’m… better. I guess you could say I’m better.”

“This is an idiotic, yet excellent book. A world where books are banned. That is a world I could not live in. It would certainly be, torture.”

“Just wait. There’s a twist in there.”

“I know. I’ve read it. The entire book.”

“The entire book?!”

“Yes.”

“But I was only out there for 5 minutes.”

“Dearest, you were out there for 2 hours.” He closed the book and sat up, “Frigga came in and told us it was time. She wanted to get you but I told her to leave you. The celebration is post-poned until tomorrow.”

“But won’t the people be upset?”

“The people must respect our wishes. But we cannot change the date or time tomorrow if this happens again.”

“I’m sorry.”

“What’s to be sorry for? I read a bit, you’re okay, and Thor get’s to wait another day before being king. It all worked out.”

“I’m still sorry.”

Loki ignored my last remark, “I’m very relieved and happy that you are okay.” 

I looked out toward the sea.

“Whatever I did. I am terribly sorry. If you would like, I can and would. If it makes you happy or better…stay away. Even if it pains me to do so.”

“You did nothing wrong.”

“Whenever I’m around you get hurt. I caused you to faint. I almost injured you with a book. You risked your life to save my own. And all I’ve done is hurt you more. I am truly sorry. Please forgive me.”

I walked over and hugged him. He stiffened waiting for me to slap or hurt him, but then relaxed after a few seconds.

“I’ll leave now.”

He got up to leave, but I stopped him.

“Apology accepted.” I looked up at him, “Do you have time to stay for tea?”

He smiled and I took his hand.