At The Ball

People milled about in the large room as a band played some soft classical music which ended up fading into no more than just a different voice in the background. Loki and I walked around, his cane making little taps on the marble floor as we walked, people couldn't help but stare. I heard someone in German ask one of their dates, "Wer sind Sie?" (Who are they?) As another asked, "Wer ist sie?" (Who is she?). We were causing a stir and it was making Loki a little mad, although his appearance seemed completely calm and collected. He breezed past anyone who tried to talk to us or him in particular, that is until he saw his target. 

"We should walk around and talk to some people, don't you think?" I offered, trying to get some of the attention off of ourselves- that and the somewhat rude stares of the people we had just blown off and walked away from when they approached us for conversation. 

"Are you mad?" He snapped at me quietly, "Do you want witnesses to identify us? Have you seriously not gone undercover for any of your 'work'?"

"No. I'm not a field agent. I take care of the facts, I'm an informer so I'm sorry your royal asshole-ness if I'm not so comfortable or experienced as you are. I can fake it til I make it, but when it comes to being a total ass at parties- that's your department."

As I attempted to storm away, Loki calmly followed me, still studying everyone and everything- not losing sight of the man who we needed to keep an eye on. Once I had stopped and downed a glass of what looked to be champagne, he attempted to talk, "That was extremely uncalled for."

I scoffed, "Pfft, says you." 

"That was unladylike." I rolled my eyes, "Can you please talk to me about why you had that outburst out there?"

"You're just like Odin you know that, right?" He backed away, "You command everyone around, overlooking how much of an ass you can be. And what's your excuse? Odin actually cares about his country, his people, and his loved ones."

"We have a mission to complete and an objective with that. You can bring up petty and naggingly annoying problems of yours later on when I might actually somewhat care, understood? Now act like you want to be here and you deserve to be here, I don't care how you envision yourself when it comes to parties but if I was at a party with you that was less important than this one- I would have had slapped you and left for that somewhat degrading comment. Now, you mewling quim, walk."  

He linked arms with me and started to drag me forward, "What do you want me to do?"

"Oh, finally willing to fill your unwanted role in this plot?" 

"I want to know what I have to do, then I can get the hell out of here quicker."

Loki looked disappointed, "And then where will you go?"

I'll do what I should have done in the first place- "Home." -report you. 

---------------------------------------------

"Is it time yet?" I asked for the fourth time, bored

"Almost." Loki kept staring ahead

"You've been saying that for the past hour." I whined and then looked up to see Loki staring at me curiously, "What? Is there something on my dress, face, hair? What?"

"Oh nothing." He turned back to staring at the target and around him

"Okayyy..." I stated not quite believing him

"Hey Luna?" He kept staring straight ahead, but his voice had softened a bit

"Yea?"

"Do you like Midgard?"