Tempting Mortality

I had another occurrence later on that week, when I went to put a stack of books away in my room.

Loki entered. He walked straight up to me with quite a bit of audacity and started to speak, “Hello Lady Luna.”

I didn’t speak, just continued putting books on the shelves.

“How about you sing for me, my little bird?”

I was silent.

He grabbed my shoulders roughly and turned me to face him. He slammed me hard against the wall and spoke, “Are you sure you want to play this game with me, little pet?”

I pushed him away and went to open the door. I pointed to Loki then out to the hallway, “Leave. Now.”

He looked shocked then smiled, “Do not tempt me mortal.”

“Tempt you!? Are you kidding me?!" I yelled at him, "Just leave. Now."

He walked out and I closed the door with a sigh of relief.

“Hello darling.”

I screamed, “Why are you here?!? I just kicked you out!”

“That was an image of me.”

I picked up a book and whipped it at him, it went through him.

“Where are you?” I yelled picking up a candleholder

“Am I here?” he called “Or here?”

Loki kept making images of himself, then all of those images changed into me. I fell to the ground in tears.

“I told you not to play this game with me, little pet.” He put a hand on my back and all the images disappeared. All but him. His actual image.

I passed out. I do not know the rest.