Throne Room Argument

Loki looked down the halls as we ran toward the throne room.

No one seemed to be around. We arrived at the throne room several seconds later.

Loki picked me up and swung me around. I was surprised at first but then I started laughing. He set me down.

Immediately he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me passionately, happily.

In the middle of the kissing session I pulled away slightly, “Well aren’t you romantic today.”

He kissed my neck gently, “Yes.” Kiss, “I believe.” Kiss, “I am being.” Kiss, “Romantic.”

“And the reason?” I asked shifting my body so that Loki rested his chin on my shoulder

“None.” He kissed me again.

Okay, what? There was always a reason.

I pulled away and held him at arms length. He squirmed slightly reaching forward, “Loki. What is the reason?”

He sighed and sat on the floor, “Well, since Odin is in Odin-sleep, Thor is gone, and Frigga can’t take the duties of the throne… I am now king!” Loki jumped up excitedly and tried to do jazz hands. Suddenly he held my face in his hands. “I want you to be my queen.”

I couldn’t speak. He wanted to be king, yes. But Odin could die, Thor might never come back, and Frigga… well she hated me. He looked so happy about it.

He touched my shoulder slightly, concerned at hearing no response. I shivered at his touch.

“Loki. I-I don’t know what to say. I mean, just wow. I’d love to be your queen but what about Odin and Thor? And Frigga? We haven’t even dated or courted and…”

His face fell. It flashed from happy to sad to angry. In about 5 seconds. He stood again, not helping me up. He paced around the room then slammed his fist on a table near the door. It echoed through the completely empty room.

“Is this because of Thor?”

“What? Why would this be because of Thor?”

“Did you promise yourself to him?”

“What are you-“

He turned, “ANSWER ME!” He yelled, his normal talking voice amplified.

I cowered slightly, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Did you, Luna, promise yourself to Thor Odinson?!” Loki questioned walking toward me, “DID YOU?!

I didn’t promise anything to Thor.”

“Or was it that Tony?!” he questioned getting all up in my face

I DID NOT PROMISE ANYTHING TO THOR!” I yelled standing up putting my face just inches from his

“What about Tony?”

I don’t even know what you’re accusing me of.

“Did you promise that you’d wed, or court, Thor or your friend Tony?”

“No. Why would I do that?”

“Then why do you… reject my efforts of courtship.”

“Loki! I’m practically your sister isn’t it a little weird to have your ‘sister’ marry you?”

“Your Egyptian people did so. They wed young and they wed their siblings and cousins.”

“They lived THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO! IT WAS NORMAL THEN!” I yelled at him

Loki turned his back on me.

Fine be that way. You wanna be a jerk, I’ll be an even bigger jerk. Here I go, Jerky-Luna.

I strutted up to him and pushed him from behind. He fell, partly, forward.

I started to turn to walk away but he turned and grabbed my wrist, about as fast as his sudden mood change.

His grip was strong; he looked like an animal ready to kill.

I kept trying to get him to release my wrist. I was forced to walk backward, Loki was pushing me. I kept tripping slightly over my own feet. I couldn’t look behind me. Loki’s determined face was inches from mine. Wham. My back hit the wall, full force.

My vision blurred, I could barely sit up, my head hurt, I could barely talk, and Loki was nowhere to be seen.

“What. What the Hel?” I coughed

“You pushed me. Now leave. Go back to the kitchens or something.” His voice echoed through the room

“You. Acted. Like. A. Jerk.”

“And you are now demoted; if you want to still stay here you’ll have to work for it.”

I struggled to stand. Loki appeared and held out his hand for me. I took it.

“Now leave.”

If you’ve ever loved me or even liked me, Loki. Please tell me before I disappear with the wind.” I turned to leave. He took my wrist gently and kissed me on the cheek. He then turned his back and walked out of the room.

Loki wasn’t in Asgard, at least not the parts I was allowed to explore, for the next three days.