Revenge

Loki and I walked toward the banquet hall.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Loki asked gazing at my slightly shaking hands

“I-I’m positive.”

“War is a horrible thing. The first time I saw it, I was-I had nightmares and was always nervous of some surprise attack. But then I realized dying is a way of life.”

“Only if you choose it to be. Those men didn’t choose war. They were just doing what their king told them to. They died for a cause, their king.”

“Once again, you think you have out-witted me. But you are wrong. Those men weren’t following the orders of their king. They were following the orders of themselves. They thought they could do what a whole army could not.”

“So they weren’t acting under the king?”

“If they were, I believe that they would have been prepared for Odin’s little monster.”

“What was the metal thing that killed them? Odin’s little monster?”

“You have too many questions, dear pet. I will answer more of your questions later. Now I must comfort Thor.” Loki sneaked up on Thor and sat by him, I stayed a good distance away.

After awhile of whispering it was decided that Thor, Sif, The Warriors Three, and Loki were heading to Jotunheim.

I wanted to help.

“Loki!” I called after him as he started to leave with the small hunting party Thor had formed

Loki turned and Sif muttered something which got a dirty look from Loki, “Yes?”

I caught up to them, “Can I talk to you?”

“You are right now.” Loki slightly smirked and Sif stifled a laugh

“In private.”

Loki motioned for us to go several feet away, “Yes?”

“I’m coming with.”

Loki looked as if he was punched in the gut, “No.”

“Why not!?!”

“Well I-I think one lady is enough.”

“Well I think one brother is enough. I wonder if Thor likes reading as much as you. Maybe he’d love to read some of the books that I have? Stay with me reading on the couch? What do you think?”

A flash of fury and betrayal flickered in Loki’s eyes, “I don’t want you dead.”

“And I want to go with you.” I kissed the tip of his nose, lightly

“Why?” Loki asked wrapping his arms around my waist

“Why?! Because I don’t want to wait in this palace and live on, if you’re out there about to get your death sentence.” I fixed part of his vest

He lifted my chin up and looked me straight in the eye, “Go get changed. I’ll stall them.”

I jumped in the air then turned to leave. But before I left I gave Loki a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

After a quick wardrobe change, I was armored up and had plenty of weapons. I caught up with the group at the entrance to the BiFrost. Thor, Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg, and Loki all kept staring as I stood there beside Heimdall.

Sif looked at me with disgust, “I bet she doesn’t even know how to use any of those.” I heard her say to Hogun.

I was starting to get really tired of the ladies that lived on Asgard.

“Ready?” I asked

“Heimdall, let us-“ Loki began

"No need for your silver-tongue today, Loki." I smirked, “Already got the say from Heimdall, let’s go before Odin knows what’s going on.”

Sif and the others looked impressed. We all walked toward the BiFrost and with a beam of rainbow light, we were at Jotunheim.