How Could You Ever Regret Anything Involving Me

Frigga came into my room flustered. Her dress fluttered slightly as she walked. She quickly came in and walked straight to my closet, stopping when she saw me. I was still in my village clothes with my hair messed up slightly. Such princess material. 

“Why aren’t you dressed?!”

“I forgot.”

“Quickly child.”

“I’m sorry.”

Frigga helped me dress. But when it came to zipper my dress, I was astonished to find Loki in my room.

“Where’s Frigga?”

“She’s mother to you isn’t she?”

“Yes, I need her.”

“For what?”

“To zipper my dress you idiot.”

“Let me.”

“No.”

“Let me.”

“No, you’ll probably make me regret it. Like when I talked to you on the balcony. Now I’m late for the feast.”

“How could you ever regret anything involving me, darling?” he whispered in my ear mockingly

“Let me think…” I began, “You know what?  Just zip the damn dress.”

Loki zipped it with a smile.

“Why are you here, Loki?” Frigga asked entering the room with a box.

“Where did you get that?” he asked right away

“From your room. It was on your desk. I was about to ask Luanne how to open it.”

“Give it here!” he snatched the box away angrily, and then his face softened, “I’m sorry it’s-it’s a gift from Jotunheim for a special person, once I find her.”

Frigga’s eyes widened, “Oh, I am sorry. Very sorry. I hope you find her soon.” Frigga motioned for me to follow her out of the room; I started to follow but stopped.

“Wait. Loki, can you please go to the banquet?”

“You’re not going to the banquet?!”

“No. I am not.” Loki told her coldly

“Why not? You’re suppose to go! She is your sister now.”

“No she is not!” Loki yelled “She is my sister as much as you are my mother, as much as Odin is my father, or as much as that hammer-wielding olaf named Thor is my brother!”

“Loki, please.” Frigga begged

“No. No. I am not your son! I do not belong here! Leave me be! Get away!” Loki ran out of the room and slammed the door. I expected to be yelled at by Frigga but she said something that surprised me.