Grimm's Fairy Tales

I woke in my bed with a note on my forehead; I picked it up and read it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Luna,

            You fainted so I placed you upon your bed as any good gentleman would do. I’m in my room if you are in need of anything.                    ~Loki

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got up and changed into a scarlet dress; I strapped a knife to my arm and put the sleeve over it. I knocked on Loki’s door and waited 5 minutes before I entered the pitch-black room. I looked around and upon seeing nothing, I opened the curtains. Light shone on a large ebony bed and in it, a very sleepy Loki. His black hair was all messed up from him tossing and turning.

He turned toward me and covered his eyes, he was about to speak but yawned.

So I spoke first, “Wake up, Sleeping Beauty.” I walked over to one of the slightly broken chairs on the ground and put it upright.

 “Uh, huh. Okay, but tell me first…” Loki yawned “What is this Sleeping Beauty?”

I fell into the chair causing it to wobble, “It’s an story from the Grimm’s fairy tale book called Sleeping Beauty. It’s about a princess who is cursed and falls asleep for 1000 years, only to woken by her fairy tale prince.” I laugh at his blunt stupidity

“Oh. Is it a good book?” He rubbed his eyes

“I suppose if you like things that could never happen. Like happily ever afters.”

“Hmmm. There could be such things. If you found the right person. Or completed your tale. What did you come in here for?” Loki sat up, “Can I help you?”

“No. Not really.”

“Then why did you wake me?”

“I… don’t know. Your note said ‘I’m in my room if you are in need of anything.’”

“I was talking about last night but it does not matter. What do you need?”

“Nothing. I came in to see if you felt guilty for yesterday.”

Loki was silent for several minutes, and then he stood up and started walking toward me. He was muscular but, not as much as Thor. It didn’t matter. He wore nothing but a pair of (I think it was flannel) pajama pants. One side of the emerald pants was higher than the other, on the other side you could see the waistband (And a little more) of his stripped black and emerald boxers.

“Mortal lives are so short are they not?” He kept walking forward as I walked back.

“I suppose... But what's with the sudden interest...?” my back hit the bookshelf and Loki grabbed my wrist. He held it over my head. We stood there nose to nose for a couple of very long minutes. He stared intensely into my eyes.

Then he swore, let go, and walked away. I fell to the floor, very confused.

He walked over to his closet and stopped.

“I am sorry.” He finally said, “I should not have done that.”

“Thank y-“

“Now leave.” He interrupted. I got up and did as he asked.

I paused by the door. “Loki,” I asked

“What?” he turned, hopeful.

“I…” I swallowed, “I was wondering if…”

“Yes?” Loki’s eyes begged for more information

“…If you wanted me to get you a copy of the Grimm’s fairy tales book.”

His hopeful gaze disappeared as soon as it appeared, “Oh. Yes. I would like that.” He sighed

I turned and left, closing the door behind me.

As I walked down the hall, I thought to myself;  He works out. Interesting.

Why?

Was he trying to be like Thor?

Was he trying to attract a lady like Sif?

Why?