Chapter 7

"Thank you for listening, class dismissed andhave a great day." Our psychology professor smiled at the students.

Jennie's soft hand wrapped itself around mine and we walked out to the hallway.
It was pretty packed but as if she was used to it, which she probably was, passed right through it with no problem.

As I walked right behind her, I couldn't help think that I didn't know her all that much but I really admired her already. She was like a breath of fresh air.
I wasn't used to having many friends but it felt really nice to have a friend, especially since I just moved to a new country.

"Want to go to the cafeteria?" She asked me. "Sure, why not?" I nodded.
"The cafeteria is it the. Uh! They serve a really good chicken sandwich, I love it."
Hmm, maybe I should try her suggestion.

"We're here." Jennie sqealed. I looked up from the ground and noticed the large opening into the cafeteria. It looked like an average cafeteria place honestly, just much cleaner but nothing I hadn't seen in the US.

As we walked in, I couldn't help but to admire how har the ceiling went up.
Noticing my distraction, Jennie lightly tapped me on the shoulder before speaking, "Let's go sit." She smiled.
I nodded yes.

We went and sat down on a two person table. We sat down in the red plastic chairs and she asked me what I wanted to eat. "I'd like to taste that infamous chicken you talk so good about."
I smiled awkwardly.

"Good, I'll pay then." I grabbed her hand as she stood up. "But-"
"It's okay, I have the money." She showed her gorgeous smile again and with that, she walked her way to the food court.

After a while, she returned with tray filled surprisingly good looking food, it almost made my mouth drool.
"Wow, that looks so freaking good!" I smiled at her.

"I know right?"
"But let's eat."
She sat down in front of me and took a small bite from her salad.
She looked so cute eating her greens, I knew we had only known each other for a day but it felt like we had known each other for longer as I already felt really comfortable around her.

I really did admire her fun-loving personality a lot, she seemed so simplistic yet elegant at the same time.
Like a beautiful swan, yeah, that's who she reminded me of. An elegant and beautiful swan-

"Hey Y/N, where in the US did you grow up?"
"Oh, I grew in New York, lived there since I was a little girl." I looked down at my sandwich, feeling rather nostalgic of all the memories.

"That's so fascinating, do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Surely, a pretty girl like you must have one." She smiled, not aware of deep her question actually was.

Not wanting to ruin the mood, I tried to answer light-heartedly.
"Well I did have a partner, but we didn't really work out. It was an amicable break up but still hurt... but I'm fine now!" I was quick to say, not wanting it to turn too dark.

"Did it hurt?"
I was hesitant but decided to answer anyway.
"A lot, the problem was they didn't love me as much as I loved them but what can you do in those situations?"
"Nothing, I guess."

(I wanted to make her ex gender neutral so you can imagine for yourself who her ex was and decide her sexuality if you didn't want her to be straight.😊)

"Well I hope you're happy now." Sge smiled softly.
I decided not to tell her about the mental scar it left me and my new-found fear of relationships and emotional intimacy.
I ultimately decided to keep that a secret as I didn't want to fuck it too early. I didn't want to ruin like I typically did with everything else. I couldn't and wouldn't let it be ruined by myself.

"So Y/N, do you have any siblings?"
"No, I don't. Do you have anyone?"
I quickly ended up regretting that I asked as I noticed her eyes fall.

But before I could say anything, she spoke up, "Well I have older brother named Jungkook but he's a massive douchebag, he's a moron really. Just promise you won't have sex with him." She chuckled softy.

"He sure sounds like a douchebag. Don't worry, I won't do it with him. In fact, I won't even go near him." I smiled and grabbed her petite hand.

Future Y/N: oops.

"Really?" She looked up at me.
"Yeah, I promise."

Future Y/N: Sorry, Jennie.

"But anyway, enough about my idiot brother. You totally have to meet my two best friends, Nina and Soyeon, they're amazing and they'll love you."
"I sure hope so."
"Sure hope so? Are you kidding me? You're fucking amazing, it's guranteed they'll love you."

---

"Class dismissed."
"Finally." I sighed to myself, relieved to know class was finally over and I was free to go home but before I could get home, I had promised to say goodbye to Jennie out by the entrance.

The hallway was still very packed I figured I'd just have to get used it.
I walked to the big gate and almost immediately spotted Jennie standing against the black gate. She waved when she saw me so I walked to her and she was quick to pull me in for a tight hug.

"Girl, I missed you so much!"
"We've only been away from each other for a couple of hours." I tried to pull away from her grip but she refused to let go. She held me like a snake holds its victim.

"I know but hours feels like forever." She said and let go of my body.
"Oh there's my brother." She huffed, sounding annoyed and pointed out to the distance out to a black, not too fancy Porsche and a tall, tattooed and  muscular man leaning up against it.
N

ot gonna lie, he looked VERY intimating. He honestly kind of scared me but I assumed that was her older brother. First now I noticed the handsome man next him.

"I have to go, love you." She kissed my cheek and walked towards the car.