Chapter 9

"You promised Jennie you'd try to stop."
"Tried. Didn't work." Taehyung rolled his eyes and slapped the pills out of his tattooed hands.

"Hey! Why'd you do th-" He whined.
"Jungkook!" He yelled making Jungkook stop.
"You promised you'd stop..." He didn't respond back. Instead, he stood up before walking out of his own room.

"Jungk-" But it was too late, he slammed the door shut.

He sighed and layed down on the bed.
Why was he still friends with him?
It was simple, he cared for his best friend, deeply and he always had.
Taehyung wanted to be there for when he reached proper sobriety, not just a little break. No, actual sobriety.

He knew the fact Jungkook was mentally strong enough to reach that goal one day, just not right now. What he needed was a piece of motivation, someone or something to help him push through when he was at his lowest, when he was sad but didn't want to admit it to anyone.

He knew Jungkook deserved better than the one night stands he constantly had with women. He deserved an actual partner, someone who could love him for who he actually was as a person on the inside.

Taehyung wasn't new to his sudden outbursts, actually it was the contrary for him. He had seen them a million times, everytime he was confronted with just a little bit of emotion, he'd storm out. He hadn't always been like that though.

When he was younger, he was generally happier and more content with life as a whole but something happened that permanently fucked him up buy Taehyung knew excactly what it was. After all, he had seen it happen.

He had seen the way Jungkook almost broke down crying that day, how he punched the wall and made a hole thar was later ccovered up with a poster, that certain kind of anger that Taehyung could immediately recognize anywhere.

He sighed, rubbing his face before laying back down on the bed. He wasn't going to lie, his best friend's sadness did in fact affect him deeply, it almost broke him, about how in denial Jungkook was.
Sometimes it felt like it was too late to help his friend's problem, like he already was in too problem.

He got up from the bed, knowing that it was best to go after Jungkook before he did something incredibly stupid and if he knew him enough, Jungkook would DEFINITELY do something irrational.

---

I was laying down on my bed while I listened to music, when suddenly 'Wait a minute' by Willow came on. (Play Wait a minute by Willow.)

Normally I would gush over the great song but I was too distracted by the stranger who was staring at me earlier.
Even though his eyes were masked by sunglasses, I felt his eyes boring right through me anyway.

I remembered looking down at the ground in embarrassment, rubbing my hands. The whole situation was a whole mess, I was so freaking awkward. Finally a guy that peaks my interests and I embarrass myself like that.

Shame on you, Y/N!

You're so freaking humiliating!

I put my hands over my eyes and whined, rethinking everything I would have done differently, instead of just looking down at the ground.
I should have walked with her and said hi to him, no, I couldn't possibly do that! That'd be so embarrassing.

I whined again and squirmed around like a worm. It was crazy, the hold he already had on me and I didn't even know his name. Urgh, I should have walked with Jennie, I just need to know his name.

All I remember was his beautiful black hair, it was the deepest part of the ocean kind of black, the clear sky on a beautiful black night. It looked like a not too long mullet, not one of those republican, Alabama ugly mullets, no, his was the perfect length. Not to mention his height, his tall figure was almost towering my own frame and I really wasn't that small.
My guess was that he was those 185 centimeters. (6,1 feet and inches.)

And his jawline, it was godly. It was sharp and strong, so freaking sharp,
it could be seen from a mile away. Overall, he was the definition of perfect.

I sighed and chewed on my lower lip slightly before getting up and sitting down at my desk, turning up the music.
I put on a bit of eyeliner but it was very uneven and ugly so I ultimately decided to wipe it off and try again but decided to give up.

I rolled my eyes over my hideous makeup skills but my mom interrupted me, "Sweetheart, we have to drive now if you don't want to be late." She smiled at me before walking out.

I wiped off the excess makeup, grabbed my stuff and walked out of the room and downstairs as the music was still playing.

I walked outside to the white car and saw mom sitting inside of it, waving at the me. Before I could walk in, my phone rang so I turned off the song. "Hello, Y/N speaking." I said.

"Wah, that's so adorable, say it again."
"No, Jennie. I won't." I deadpanned.
"Aw, come on," But I didn't respond her.
"Anyway, do you want to come over and meet my besties?"

"Who?" I asked.
"Nina and Soyeon, of course!"
Nina and Soyeon? Oh, I remember them, Jennie told me a little bit about them.
"I'd like that." I smiled slightly
"Amazing! We can take the bus home and have a sleepover!" She sqealed excitedly.

"Okay then, byeee." She said bye too long and hung up. I got in the car and my mom started driving. The reason why my mom was driving me to uni was simple. I didn't have a driver's license and we lived far away from the university, it was easier to drive than to bike all the way and until I got my own license, it'd just have to be like this