Chapter 52

"I can't believe how fucking expensive it must've been to set up an event like this." One man said before another man spoke up as well.

"But are we even suprised? It's the Jeon's, they always have so much money they don't know what to do with it, especially that deadbeat son of theirs." He chuckled but there wasn't an ounce of humor in it, just mockery.

The other male laughed too, equally as taunting, but stopped when the door to the bathroom opened and they walked out.

The male inside one of the stalls rolled his eyes. They seemed to have overseen him and thought they were alone in the bathroom before they started talking shit.

Jungkook went back to rolling up a bill before finally snorting the line of powder put on the cover of his IPhone.

He looked up to the light above him, mentally reminding himself to soon get new supplies from Minho as he hadn't gotten any in a long time.

Checking the clock on his phone, he realized his parents would be coming soon so he exited the room and walked out to the massive ballroom filled with people in designer dresses and suits, perfectly embodying their wealth with their clothes, jewelry and snobby attitudes.

Jungkook still found himself being grateful for the hundreds of people here, which meant his parents, especially his mom, wouldn't have as much time to focus him.

The room was something straight out of a movie with the glimmering chandeliers, waiters walking around with champagne and finger foods, walls and columns painted with gold details.
Not to mention, the small stage at the very back with a microphone, definitely put there so his mother could tell the crowd how much their support(but mostly money) had helped the Jeon empire grow into what it is now.

If he didn't know any better, Jungkook would've thought this was a royal wedding venue but no... it was a Jeon party filled with people of celebrity status like actors, musicians, politicians, business partners. Heck, there was even well known people from overseas.

Jungkook had always been taught how it important it is to thank and include the people helping your business succeed, no matter if you care or not.

A good image is everything for business people after all.

Amongst all the people, he found himself looking for one person.
"Where is she?" He mumbled quietly, eyes gazing over the room.

"Jeon Jungkook!" A voice spoke out. He had been spotted by one of his parents' business associates. Now the endless conversations about how great his parents were had begun.

"Dammit." He hissed, immediately turning around with a fake smile on his lips, unable to recognize the suited middle-aged man.

The elderly man patted him on the shoulder. "What a handsome man you've become! I still remember how you looked at 13 years old. Your parents gave you some good genes." The younger man didn't show his annoyance, keeping up the forced smile even when he kept on talking.

"But how's it going with university?"
"Huh?" Jungkook snapped out of the daze.
"How's that university degree going on for you?" He kept on asking.
"Oh- I uhm... I actually dropped out..." He scratched his neck awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Without realizing it, Jennie walked up behind the older man as he kept on babbling.

"Now I remember! It's your sister that'll be the heir of the companies instead. But you don't have to worry, she's truly a woman of real talent when it comes to business." Jungkook held in his scoff at the backhanded compliment.

'Real talent? What's that supposed to mean?'

Then she spoke up.
"Mr Park, one of the lovely business partners to our family." She smiled but her brother knew her enough to see she was fabricating it.

Mr Park turned around and smiled wider.

"Jeon Jennie, how great to see-"

"Didn't I just see your wife talking to a waiter? Might wanna check that she's not cheating on you again like she's done before, right?" She chuckled light
heartedly, ignoring the embarrassed look on his face before he walked away with his head down.

When he was far enough away, he let out a chuckle at his sister's comeback.
"What an ass." She scoffed as she stood besides him.

"Like you wouldn't say that to me." Jungkook cackled at her.
"Yah, I'm trying to be kind for once!"

There might have been a lot of tension between the sibling pair but occasionally there was that funny bickering that Jungkook thoroughly enjoyed.

"You actually don't look a total clown in that dress." She gasped as she looked at the down.

(Still can't get over how beautiful she is in that dress)

"I do not! Y/N said that I look like an angel and that is true!" She scoffed dramatically.

Hearing her name, Jungkook remembered whom he was looking for before Mr Park came over.
'Is she here?' He looked around the room.

"Shouldn't you be with your weirdo friends instead of annoying me?"

"They're not here right now, hopefully soon though."

"What about mom and dad?"
"Not yet but you'll know when everyone starts clapping and screaming." The younger woman said, a little humor evident in her tone.

So the pair passed the time by greeting the people around them, eager to impress the two Jeon's, especially the future owner of the Jeon empires.

After a while, Jennie took her phone out of her purse and read whatever it said.
"They're here now." Her eyes lit up and walked out of the ballroom, probably to greet her friends.

Jungkook couldn't help but to try and get closer to the entrance without it seeming suspicious.

He leaned up against one of the pillars, sneaking glances at the door.
'What's taking them so long-'

Jungkook felt his heart clench when he saw the 4 girls entering together.
His hand tightened around the champagne glass he'd picked up moments ago.

'How could you be so breathtakingly beautiful?'

The way nervousness on her face, with a touch of makeup on, was clear but she still looked like an angel in that long baby blue dress.

---

I continued holding onto Soyeon as we entered the giant and intimidating ballroom. The big crowd of people didn't help the unnerving feeling in my gut.

'So many people...'

"I really can't thank you guys enough for coming. It really means the world to me." The brown haired girl smiled as she navigated us towards a corner.

"Of course we'd come, Jen." Soyeon smiled.

"I'll mostly be with you guys but when my parents arrive, I might be gone for a while. They normally want me and Jungkook besides them when they're greeting their most important business partners and during my mom's speech, okay?"

I smiled, appreciating her being so attentive but still nervous caused by all the people in expensive and fancy clothing.

I looked around, shocked at how many celebrities and millionaires there were here but not a single I knew personally.

As exciting as it was, it was terrifying as well to be among so many stars.

(Finally the new chapter's here😌
And a tinyyyy bit of drama might go down at the event🤐 anyhow hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter)