Chapter 56

*Knock knock*

The door slowly creaked open, revealing the tall man's stature before closing it.

My hands covered my makeup smeared face but I could already tell it was Jungkook standing in front of me.

He knelt down, removing my hands so I could see his sorrowed gaze.

"Oh angel, I'm so sorry..." His arms gently wrapped around me as I cried.

Despite the embarrassment I couldn't shake off, his embrace felt heavenly as if everything was going to be alright.

"I don't understand... did I hurt Jennie?.. did I hurt you?..." I whispered as I tried to stop the tears.

"Of course you didn't, my mom's just not a nice person to people who aren't her business partners. She doesn't know how amazing you are, Y/N. She doesn't know how much Jennie and I care for you... in different ways ou course." He smiled slightly at the last part as he pulled away and sat down besides me.

"I just wanted to be here for you and Jennie, I didn't think she'd notice me. God, I'm so stupid."
I sniffled as Jungkook tried to find the right words to express how he felt.

"Y/N, you mean a lot to me... More than you even realize, you know... I love how I feel when I'm near you and how I can be myself without having to front...
And my mom doesn't know that, she doesn't know how kind and caring you are.

She's too blinded by her own success to know what a genuine person is like.
And I.... I hate that you don't see yourself the way I do. You're so fantastic, I just wish you could see yourself as how I see you, or how Jennie does, or Soyeon, or Nina. You deserve to treat yourself well."

Honestly, the man didn't know what came over him that led him to spill all his feelings so abruptly, not that he regretted it, far from it, he just hated to see someone he cared so deeply for be so affected by something untrue.

Words couldn't describe how I had felt in that moment, I just looked at the brown haired Jeon before a faint smile grew on my lips.

"You're right, I barely know her and she doesn't know me so why should I care so much about what she thinks when I know that it's not true?" I asked before he knelt down to my frame.

Gently putting his hands on my shoulders, he let his lips touch mine in a kiss I gleefully reciprocated.
It lasted for a good 10 seconds, seconds that felt like a heavenly eternity before he pulled away to the sound of foot steps.

It slowly dawned upon us that people were still close so Jungkook stood up straight in a panicked manner.

"Uh... I'm sorry, Y/N but I think I have to go before my mother sees us. I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay, I'll see you later." I smiled reassuringly to him and gently pushed his arm towards the door.

He quickly returned the same reassuring smile before he carefully listed out the door.

After what felt like several minutes of utter silence, I pushed my head out of the door before I left the compact room.

I just wanted to leave, just wishing to go unnoticed by the woman who had so shamelessly humiliated me but I was stopped on my way out by a calling of my name.

"Y/N, wait up!" It wasn't hard to recognize Jennie's soft voice, even if it felt more tense than normal.
I slowly turned to face her as she stopped in front me before pulling me in for a swift hug before putting her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I heard what my mom had said and...." She halted, trying to contain the lingering wrath in her.

"It's all my fault, she's such a vile witch. I could've introduced you to her so this wouldn't have happened but I didn't.
I'm sorry, Y/N, I didn't think it through." She hastily wrapped her arms around me once more.

"It's not true, you're not a bad friend or person. She doesn't know you and if she did, she'd know you're a better person than she has ever been her whole life."

"Jen, it's okay. You didn't know she'd say that and, right now, I just wanna go home and relax but I'm okay. I promise."
I insisted. She hesitantly looked at me for a few seconds before agreeing.

"Don't worry, I'll drive you home but I'll talk to my mom about it. I can't have her act like a jerk to the people I love."

I smiled softly at her response.
"C'mon, Nina and Soyeon's outside." We walked out of the manor before I spotted the 2 familiar girls.

"Y/N!"

I flinched slightly when Nina sprinted over to me for a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry for what happened. God had I been there, I would've thrown a drink in her face." She muffled into my shoulder.

"Yeah, I should've done that when it happened." I pulled away to see Soyeon frowning.

"Are you okay? I can't believe how someone can have that much audacity, it's really not okay." Soyeon continued.

The sorrowful tones in both their voices was clear but I had grown tired of the lengthy day and just wanted to lay down on my bed. Fortunately my friends knew me well enough to know it was time to stop dwelling on it.

"Girls, let's get home now." The three of us looked over to see Jennie hanging out of the driver's seat's window in an almost comical way, that caused us to laugh over her.

Despite how the day had went by, it always felt nice to be with my friends, knowing how much they cared for me.

It truly made me feel grateful for them.
"Alright, let's go."